Search the forum,

Discuss what sealer for my floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

oldgit

ive stripped half of my brazillian slate floors appx 100mts will be the total amount to do.
when i laid these about 4 year back i used hg impregnator and nothing else ive know stripped with hg super remover as some areas were getting a film build up on them.
what i need to have is your opinions with what to redo them with,the options seem to be lithothin, Fila, hg, bal and aquamix.
my main problem is all the above sealers seem to cover all stone with there products but as mine is brazillian slate and it is very dense it has little absorption so what is the best for dense slate i dont mind having to do the job every 5 years or so.
the finish i want is not too shiny but not too matt either if that makes sense.
the hg impregnator looked fine for about a year then the floor started to look very dry and un-enhanced in colour.
one other quick question, this grout dye or paint is it any good and if not what do you guys reckon on me topping up with epoxy ie a regrout but only a flush up,will the epoxy hold i think it would but your opinions please lads.
ta OG.

D

DHTiling

Now then OG....A topical sealer is probably better in this situation...

Lithofin slate seal is my choice of sealer for slate...has a good life span as well...

E

Eddie

I've only used HG impregnators.and Fila wet look was easy to use on stone, and gave a nice sheen, but not too shiny, but it was a rough stone.

O

oldgit

this is what the finish was originally,looking at these pics now it could have done with a bit of colour enhancement from day one.

DSC00010.jpg

D

DHTiling

Extensive sell lithofin or pure adhesion or leafcutter.......take your pic...

Slate seal brings out the colour as well......

Another option is to use lithofin colour enhancer and then stainstop on top of that.....that combo will last for years...but as usual costs more.....

Nice floor by the way..:thumbsup:

F

Fred

Can you get stonefix sealer where you are oldgit? I used it recently on a slate & trav floor and was the business.

Reply to what sealer for my floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen