Discuss What age did you start? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I left school in April 1980 aged 15 was 16 in the july and by the end of April
i was working on a site in Worthing for a tiler who was a mate of my dads
im 57 this July....😀

E

Edd The Tiler

35 years old mate. Got made redundant a couple of times and decided to setup on my own almost 2 years ago. Went from a zero client base to booked up pretty quickly. Started off with small jobs and got bigger and bigger as confidence and knowledge grew. This forum is great for reading through old threads and soaking in as much knowledge as possible.

I now work almost solely off of recommendation and repeat business and only work on private domestic houses.

E

Edd The Tiler

35 years old mate. Got made redundant a couple of times and decided to setup on my own almost 2 years ago. Went from a zero client base to booked up pretty quickly. Started off with small jobs and got bigger and bigger as confidence and knowledge grew. This forum is great for reading through old threads and soaking in as much knowledge as possible.

I now work almost solely off of recommendation and repeat business and only work on private domestic houses.

E

Edd The Tiler

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
I'm 37 now and started 2 years ago, having been made redundant for the 3rd time! Decided to do a course and become my own boss, rather than always relying on my income being in somebody else's hands. Quickly picked up work since starting out, but started with small jobs, took my time to do a good job and built up a good reputation already. Most of my work now is recommendation and also starting to get an awful lot of repeat business now I've been going a little while, which is always good.

Its not for everyone. Is hard work physically and mentally at times and when you are starting out, its stressful also. I'd never go back to an employed roll though and I only work on private domestic properties also.

There is so much work out there, I could work 7 days a week, every week if I wanted to. I dont want to, so enjoy doing 9am til 3.30pm most days. Drop kids off at school etc and have the time to do the things in life which matter to me without someone breathing down my neck (other than the Mrs of course)!!

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
40 years fixing … and still learning…Dad was a Tiler as was my Grandad….it’s in the blood … although my son has broken the chain😌

demi34

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Started in 1990 age 17, my uncle had 12 tilers working for him back in Greece. I was appreciate for 4-5 years and came to England 1998. Started working for myself since 2002

Reply to What age did you start? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks