Discuss wetroom diy product advice please??????????? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

anothergit

Hi all i'm looking for some pointers from you profesionals out there please?

I would like to modernize my small ensuite and install a level entry wet room floor tray, I thought I'd decided what former to use untill my wife chose a 25mm by 50mm mosaic floor tile which may have caused a point loading problem for the foam core tray.

I have an old victorian house with suspended timber floors and the shower will be in a room with one solid brick wall and a timber stud wall, i,m looking for a tray between 850 and 1000mm square.

So guys and girls what products would you recomend for a tray former, decoupling membrane, tile backer board, tanking and adhesive and grout??????????? and is there anything I may have missed!

There is loads out there, as i've been looking but I am just finding my self getting more confused as to what is best to use. As you may have guessed i'm not a plumber or tiler but i'm not without skills, any and all advice that can help me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
winkiss.gif

D

davemul

I am doing similar.. check out my WIP thread here http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/51004-bathroom-project-work-progress.html

If using mosaics then a Marmox SHOWERSTONE tray is a must. It is not foam so has zero point loading issues They do all sorts of sizes. Id reccomend the 900x900 (as I have)

Pictures of it in my thread

Either screw 18mm wbp ply to your existing boards or take them up and replace with 25mm wbp (prime underneath and sides of ply with primer G made by mapei

6mm marmox backer boards on top of the ply. Stick them down with mapei keraflex adhesive (bagged) and also screw with stainless screws and marmox washers (plastic) Using their sealnt between board joints.

Then tape the joins with waterproof tape and paint over all taped joins/washers/screws with mapei mapegum liquid tanking solution

follow this procedure for walls also. If you can, remove plasterboard and reboard with 12.5mm marmox. For the solid wall, id dot and dab marmox on, and use there solid wall fixtures

Once all substrates have been built/tanked. Tile using mapei keraflex adhesive and i would reccomend their kerapoxy grout also

PHEW JOB DONE!

P

PHG Dave

I am doing similar.. check out my WIP thread here http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/51004-bathroom-project-work-progress.html

If using mosaics then a Marmox SHOWERSTONE tray is a must. It is not foam so has zero point loading issues They do all sorts of sizes. Id reccomend the 900x900 (as I have)

Pictures of it in my thread

Either screw 18mm wbp ply to your existing boards or take them up and replace with 25mm wbp (prime underneath and sides of ply with primer G made by mapei

6mm marmox backer boards on top of the ply. Stick them down with mapei keraflex adhesive (bagged) and also screw with stainless screws and marmox washers (plastic) Using their sealnt between board joints.

Then tape the joins with waterproof tape and paint over all taped joins/washers/screws with mapei mapegum liquid tanking solution

follow this procedure for walls also. If you can, remove plasterboard and reboard with 12.5mm marmox. For the solid wall, id dot and dab marmox on, and use there solid wall fixtures

Once all substrates have been built/tanked. Tile using mapei keraflex adhesive and i would reccomend their kerapoxy grout also

PHEW JOB DONE!

When fixing marmox boards to a solid wall (blockwork or brick) it should be bonded using a full bed of cement based tile adhesive

D

davemul

Hmmm, Marmox with conflicting info.

Videa says dot and dab

pdf says full bed of adhesive

broken link removed

Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

12mm thick and over can be dabbed , anything under then full bed. IMO

If dabbing then make sure fixings are where the dabs are.

Sent from my iPhone

Reply to wetroom diy product advice please??????????? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks