Discuss Fix-a-floor product advice please in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi there,
Has anyone had any experience with this product and what was you opinion on it? I’m well aware that it’s not going to be a miracle fix in all situations but I have a couple of loose tiles on a concrete floor that I’d like to stabilise and it would be great to not have to go through the process of removing them and the adhesive.
Secondly, what’s the best way to drill a 2mm hole? I’m sure I’m going to need a hardened tip to drill though the grout and masonry bits don’t go down to 2mm. Cheers.

Reaction score
Hi Paul, Hope you are well. We are there UK Distributor for Fix-A-Floor and also members of the UK Tile Association where Fix-A-Floor won the Best Innovation Award for floor repair this year.

Fix-A-Floor will work on all types of substrates including concrete and even those with underfloor heating as it cures with elastomeric properties which means it will cope with any fluctuations in temperature without de-bonding. It's been specifically formulated to flow freely underneath the tiles via holes drilled in the grout-lines and literally it will fill any gap or void it encounters along the way which is exactly what you need. Once it fully cures it will provide a long-lasting extremely strong bond holding the tile in place and providing a permanent fix.

Predominantly it is used in situations where removing or replacing isn't necessarily an option, this is especially true on areas that have underfloor heating as potentially lifting and replacing the tiles could cause damage to the heating system underneath. In terms of drilling holes in areas with underfloor heating we suggest that you mark the drill bit to the depth of the tiles as you just need to reach the area directly underneath the tile opposed to drilling into the floor underneath that.

In answer to your question with reference to 2mm, If your grout-line is wider then a larger drill-bit would be preferable anyway. The Customisable tip that comes with Fix-A-Floor can be either cut very finely at the top to fit smaller holes (2mm) or you can cut to fit much larger holes which is better as it increases the flow.

If you have any other questions or need advice we are a UK based company and are more than happy to discuss any concerns or questions you may have with regard to Fix-A-Floor and using it. You can also call us anytime at the office on 0121 270 8883 and we are always happy to advise or help where we can.

As members of The Tiling Association we are finding more and more tradesmen and contractors are successfully using Fix-A-Floor in situations where removing or replacing tiles aren't an option, Loose tiles can be caused by thermal shock in areas with underfloor heating or even areas where anhydrite screed has turned to dust and tiles have loosened as a result

Adrian

Reaction score
Hi Paul, We have had customers who have used a gout-rake to remove the grout then use Fix-A-Floor. We do have some 60ml Syringes that can also be filled and used on really narrow grout lines. Using the 60ml syringes does give you a little more control and precision especially in really tight areas. It may be worth trying to remove some grout on a trial area and seeing how you go. If you do drill holes in the grout just go nice and steady to prevent damaging the tiles

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used this Fix A Floor quite a few times over the years. It is a good product for a quick fix. To my last customer in London, we used over 200 cartridges per customer's request. The entire kitchen floor was hollow and squawking. It fastened the entire floor like a rock. Good luck!

Water damaged shower repair - https://showertilerepair.blogspot.com/

IMG_20200711_094007.jpg
IMG_20200711_093717.jpg
IMG_20200711_093653.jpg
IMG_20200711_114031.jpg

5 STAR Rating

Good stuff​

Submitted 7 years ago
By Tile Marble Granite
From Potters Bar
Verified Buyer
I have used it quite a few times now to fix some loose tiles for my clients. It is really in handy to have some tubes around when needed. I would say it is a good product for a quick fix, do not know how long it lasts. I will have to keep an eye on it then decide whether it is a temporary fix or permanent. Good luck!

Was this review helpful to you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s great stuff! You can buy 1.5mm drill bits(buy a couple) and don’t rush or force the drill bit, and to open the hole up as much as possible.
Are you talking about masonry bits? I’ve not found any that size and I can’t imagine a regular bit would drill through grout?

Reply to Fix-a-floor product advice please in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks