Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Caledonian Tiling

Re: North East tiling Training - Tyne & Wear

I attended the course mid jan and also took the natural stone extra day, my experiance was difficult as through circumstances i missed a day to attend a
funeral, so in all it was a stressful time, not a lot of sleep, feeling i lagged behind
on the course work due to this, but i was determined and upon getting home
how comfortable i was with knowledge i had retained from the course was
surprising even to myself, and i can swear i had never laid a tile in my life.

Yes there are areas not covered, removal of plumbing, plastering/prep etc
but Darren will come back to you with an enquiry you may have and even
talk you through it, see my pics on 1st job done section, after 4 days this
was my 1st job from never laying a tile... effective/efficient communication
on the course provided by Darren, backed up by desire,some natural ability and
willingness to learn continually and progress upon leaving the course will determine who makes a success of it or not, you can attend a 4 year course and if you dont bring
the above to the show... forget it...!
Currently i am finding my feet/slow but pushing myself to make a job right, i wont leave it any other way, its emphasised on the course... IF IT DONT LOOK RIGHT... ITS NOT.

Cheers

Caledonian.
icon7.gif

M

M D HUGHES

Re: north east training

hiya mate, I finished the course last week and found it excellent, didn't really know how much I'd taken in until I got my first job 'this week' (not bad eh!).
You will find that although its fast paced, Darren does get the info into your head if you listen to him properly. You will only take from it what you want, but its all there and very well constructed.
Good luck mate!
Marts

P

PaddyD

north east tiling

ave completed the course it was the dogs ******** fast pasted but everything sticks 10/10

Q

quick draw macgraw

Hi all,

finished the 4 day course in jan but done natural stone yesterday and would recommend this course highly, i had my doubts about whether 4-5 days would be enough to cover all the topics etc but as darren says the tiling is the easiest part its the background prep part thats most important and he covers this all.
Start your own business or even if you want to tile your own house this course has everything you need.
Thanks Darren/Tracy
Steve.

S

sparky

JUST A QUICK SHOUT OUT TO DARREN & TRACEY AT NORTH EAST TILING I AM JUST BACK TODAY AND HAVE TO SAY THAT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT THE COURES IS PACKED FULL OF INFO SO IF YOU DO GO BE SWITCHED ON AS THERE IS LOADS OF INFO TO TAKE IN DID THE NATURAL STONE AND HOPEFULLY OPEN UP ANOTHER MARKET AND MAKE ME LOADS OF MONEY .IF YOUR JUST CONSIDERING THE COURSE THEN JUST GO FOR IT THERE WERE 16 OF US AND EVERYONE ENJOYED AND LEARNED LOADS . WELL DONE DARREN AND TRACEY AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU IN THE FUTURE [NOW THATS £ 50 FOR THE GOOD WRITE UP DARREN:wink_smile: ] ONLY KIDDING THE COURSE IS SH*T HOT MATE:angel_smile:

R

russell

I had previously done another tiling course at a local training centre, but came away feeling that I had learnt very little that I did not already know, so I started looking around for another training course to do. I needed a course that was going to give me the information that I needed at the best price and in the shortest time, being recently made redundant and now self employed, time and money were both in short supply.

I chose North East Tile Training based on the feedback on the forum. Did I make the right choice?

An unreserved YES is the answer to that question, there was no comparison between this course and the last. You will learn loads of useful information, but you must be prepared to listen and put the work in. The days are long, very long, but when you look back you are effectively putting the hours of a two week training course into one week.

Darren is very knowledgable and Tracey is very efficient on the business side, as well as making a cracking cuppa. Having had a few days now to reflect on the course and recover, I have not yet come up with any questions that I don't know the answer to and I now feel confident in doing tiling jobs that I felt a little uneasy about in the past.

So my opinion, and it is only my opinion, is that this course is very well worth doing, if you don't get loads from it, you must have been asleep.

Russell

A

andy g

hi everyone
just a quick note,i done a tiling course with north east tiling on january,darren gave me everything i needed to know about tiling and starting up on my own.after organising the marketing side tools and van insurance ect, ive gave up ma job and now im self employed using the knowledge from darren im plodding away,a bit slow to start with but getting faster.just like to say thanks to darren and his lovely wife tracey for all there help,and id recomend the course to anyone infact my mate from my old work went down last week.
andy.g

S

sparky

sorry about the caps lock know in the future but this course is worth shouting about ha ha :wink_smile:

I

IvegotsTILE

I've put down my deposit for a course here on the 23 of April due to the feedback recieved on this post.I'm really looking forward to it after all the great things people have mentioned about the course.
I have a clothes shop that unfortunately after 3 years is going to have to close so I'm looking for something that is completely different to sitting on my arse half the day.I thought about doing roofing that was one of my previous jobs but every roof is the same where as tiling you seem to get to express yourself a bit more with different materials and patterns.Theres a bit more variety.
I've heard all the great things about the course and how helpful all the staff are(the lady on the phone was very helpful and kind)but is there anything that you feel that if you could take the course again you wish you would of asked?Something you didn't realise till after you finished the course.
Is there anything that you wished you'd payed more attention to that you didn't realise till after.
I know its going to be a great course,I just want to get as much out of it as possible.

Look forward to your course Darren:wink_smile:

Great site by the way Dan:wink_smile:

I

IvegotsTILE

Looking forward to it already, the 23 of april can't come quick enough!

D

dwmdarren

Hello everyone
for all people thinking about doing a course at north east tiling training i am currently halfway through a 4 day course and am so impressed with the two days i have allready completed. Darren and tracy have really made myself and the other students feel really relaxed. The course is very detailed and darren shares his wealth of knowledge in a relaxed manner His trade tips are great and simple (if you listen). looking forward to the next 2 days.

C

clmcg123

Re: Advice on how to become a tiler?

:wub: thers 2 sides 2 it here.was at college 4 a yr(1 full day awk)and hardly learnt a thing as the college is good but ther was a carry on with tiling tutor leaving etc.anyway,went 2 ne tiling 4 the 4dys and it was great and learnt more than i ever thought i could BUT i also knew there so much more to learn and didnt want 2 do the learning in somebodys bathrm etc,so iv stuk it out and i finish the 2nd yr in june and this yr has been really good.becos we hav 2 finish our units,we getting threw them all now but learnin plenty of good little useful tips on the way.my sister joined the college sept gone and she loving it 2.you r never 2 old 2 go 2 college either(i am 37,my sister,38)and as ther all mature students in our class,its never been a problem!!:wub:

F

formula one

off up to the course on mon 26th me and the son in law let you no how it went

D

dwmdarren

Hello just completed my last 2 days of 4 day course at north east tiling training. Must say first of all it is non stop very intense course i cant believe how much i have learned in just 4 days. The last two days have been great this is when everything you learned in the first 2 days comes to hand. So if you are prepared to listen carefully especially the first 2 days you will learn a huge amount of knowledge. Would like to take this oppertunity to thank darren, and tracy aswell as she looks after you from behind the scenes THANKS VERY MUCH. Will see you on 16th june for natural stone course...

R

Roamer

I have just completed the 4 day tiling course at North East tiling school............Well what can I say that hasn't been said. I never new I could learn so much in a short space of time,the course is very intense but very rewarding. Thanks to Darren and Tracey, looking forward to the Stone course already..............

Also thanks to Paul who helped me out a few times :)

Kev
Isle of Sheppey
Kent

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks