Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Last edited:
B

busyalready

North East tile Training

For anyone looking for a tile course in Scotland I don't think there are any! For this reason, after much deliberation I chose North East tile Training in South Shields because I was impressed with the professionalism of the website, the feedback from previous students and when I phoned for more info Tracy was so informative and friendly she finally convinced me it was the right choice.

I would recommend this course to anyone and cannot believe how much i learned from Darren in just 1 week. I started my first tile job the day after I returned from the course and have more work lined up in the next few weeks and I haven't even advertised yet or set up my new business venture. Wish I'd done it years ago!

J

jockjok

north east tile

Been meaning to write this thread for a while but never seem to get round to it.

I attended a course a North East tile a few months back now and would like to let every one know how impressed i was. Darren and Tracey who run the centre are great people, very easy to get on with and cant do enough to help. Their willingness to help continues after you finish the course, I have e mailed darren a few times to ask questiond since, always getting a quick and informative reply.

The 4 day course i attended was far more informative than i expected. Going into much more detail than i thought it would. Its not just a case of Darren teaching you to slap a few tiles onto a mock up bathroom.
Darren covers all the important matters you need to be aware of before you ever see the inside of the tile bays; Health and safety, substrates, use of different tools, adhesives, methods for fixing different tiles, setting out, measuring up work, i could go on all day.

You may think its allot to take in a few days but as you make easy notes as you go you can always look back through to jog your memory if you forget anything.

I left confident and raring to go, Business is starting to flow in now i've got my name about a bit In the first 2 months my tools have paidfor themselves and i have enough cash in the bank to splash out on a van, albeit a cheap one.

I would also recomend the natural stone course. A must if you want to earn proper money. My first stone job made me twice as much profit as a ceramic job of the same size would have.

Cheers

Wilson

H

h0ndatyp3r

North East tile Training

Hi there,

Just thought i would give you my feedback on this course which i finished on Friday 2nd Feb.

I chose this course after talking to Tracey (Darrens wife), she sold it to me. I had contacted a couple of others courses, even one closer to home, but first impressions count.

The course has been structured in a way, that as the week goes on, all the pieces to the jigsaw fall into place. Everything from the basic setting out process, what type of adhesives to use, to starting up in business for yourself, if you so wish, was explained in great detail.

Everyone took an abundance of notes, which will be thier own personal bible for them to refer to at anytime. You also have Darrens personal details should you wish to contact him for anymore advice. I've been in touch already and he has replied in a prompt manner.

I also did the Natural Stone Course, which totally opened my mind to the way i'm going to market my business! Do yourself a favour and get on that course, it's well worth attending.

Overall, it was an intense course. Darren pushed you all the way, which i appreciated, as i learnt a lot quicker that way. Considering i hadn't tiled in my life, i would like to think i done well and with more experience, i will provide a quality service for my customers.

Anyway, if anyone is reading this and considering a career change, contact Darren and Tracey and get yourself on the next available course. You will not be disappointed.

Regards,

Colin

D

djfarmer

Re: North East tile Training

hi colin,was on the course same time as you,couldnt agree with you more, with the knowledge i was given, i feel like ive been doin the jobs for years,its amazing how much info you can take in.the way the course was structured had a great deal to do with the way i learnt and remembered it all.

i highly recommend this course to any1,worth every penny.the best investment ive ever made.jst starting getting advertised,had interest already.

once again, an amazing course.darren and tracey should be well proud of it.

C

CHRIS D

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne & Wear

If you have been on a course at North East tile Training based in Tyne and Wear, let us know how it went :D
JUST FINISHED THE COURSE THE COURSE WAS FANTASTIC ,INFORMATION AND CONTENT SO EASY TO FOLLOW DARREN AND TRACEY WERE SO EASY TO GET ON WITH :)

S

sparky

tile qualifications

going on north east training i am going to sit the accreditation for level 2 tile is this a good qualification to gain as i am a 30 and will not be abel to obtain svq levels i dont think

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sparky

north east training

like to hear from anybody going on north east training on the 12 march i am going for the 5 day course . would also like to hear from people who have done this course :wink_smile:

H

h0ndatyp3r

Re: north east training

Hi Sparky,

Welcome to the forum.

I was on the North East tile Training course on the 29th Jan. It was excellent, there's a lot packed into the 5 days, but i can asure you, you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy the course.

Colin

D

DevonR

Do a search mate, there's plenty reading on North East tile Training. Highly recommended from me.

T

tiler burden

hi sparky

you will be getting taught by the best :wink_smile:

i have been in the building game for 22 years now and darren is a brilliant tutor and a 1st class trades/business man. you will not go wrong there mate. i couldnt be bothered recommending anybody that i didnt rate because i think people had out praise to easily these days but i can not really find a fault with darrens training except for the fact hes a geordie...(only kidding, i love the geordies, howay man) :angel_smile:

ed

R

russell

Sparky,
I am there on the 12th March, look forward to seeing you there.

Russell

Y

yrag1964

North East tile

Hello!
I would like to give Darren and Tracey a mention who run North East tile. I attended the 4 day course and also the 1 day natural stone course back in August 2006, it was to me a near perfect course, it was well balanced and gave you everything you needed to know in setting up your own business as a tiler. I walked away feeling confident enough to go into someones house and do a professional job. I am so glad I picked this course and not a longer one as I would have got bored and probably been put off starting my own business, which I did 3 weeks after attending (I was an IT manager for the largest dairy company in the UK) I have never looked back, I now have work from a number of kitchen centres, I have secured a contract with a letting agency who has over 1000 houses on its books, I do work for a Fired Earth franchise and the local housing association aswell as my own work, it is a good career change if you are willing to sell yourself and be confident in what you do! This is all down to Darren and Tracey, if you are thinking of attending a course choose this one, you will not be disappointed.

Tile-Wright
Gary wright
North Yorkshire

T

tileman2

I have to agree with all posts on here, course was spot on, the information and training you receive in the 4 days was fantastic. No need to do a similar course over a longer period, it would be a waste of money in my eyes. Thanks Darren / Tracey for an enjoyable but very busy week.

Regards

Kevin

M

M D HUGHES

Just finished my training today with Darren, Paul and the lovely Tracey and thought it was well worth the money for 4 days input. Considering I blew £400 in 30secs on tools straight away. I don't think I would have made that decision had the guys not given me enough confidence to make a go at it. Infact even if you don't you could probably eat and drink the course fee in chocolate buscuits n coffee within the 4 days if Tracey had anything to do with it, lol. I don't think I'll be tile to my quickest ability for a while but these guys really do know the tricks of the trade and have constructed the course in an easy learning, mass input, relaxed and not in the slightest bit threatening way. So us people who havent studied for some time and are wondering how the brain absorbs a lecture takes on data etc. its very well balanced out and the entire experience is very enjoyable.
Cheers Darren, Tracey and the ever helpful Paul!!:coffee:

S

sparky

Great To Read All This Positive Feedback I Am Going On This Course 12 March And Can Wait To Get Started To See What Its All About Al Let You Know How It Goes When I Get Back:)

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock