Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Last edited:
E

Elliott

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne & Wear

DevonR

Pleased to hear you enjoyed the course and have jobs lined up, Im the 5 day course in a few weeks times and really looking forward to it.

Im the same as you in full time employment and going to start working weekends/nights to get me started before hopefully leaving main job.

Have you got a van yet and where did you get your tools, as im sure a small van would be needed doing this job especially if doing it as main job, also would be good for advertising with you name splashed all over it.

Do you have much advertising planned.

Good luck and keep grafting

Tilerman2

Hi Tileman2.

You will enjoy the course. I got some really cheap cards drawn up from vistaprint.co.uk and dished them around tile, conservatory shops and gave some to mates, this was enough to keep me busy evenings and weekends. All course and tool costs were reimbursed after 3 jobs, so this course is certainly worth the money. I really could do with a van as i make furniture too and pay delivery costs and hope to get one soon, but sods law - all the white goods in my house are on there way out all at once. Regarding tools take approx £500 or your CCard with you Darren can supply you with everything you need. You could scour the net and get it cheaper but once postage is added it's not worth your time looking.

Darren is now a member of this forum, you'll recognise his name. so just read some of his replies and you'll know he's not FOS.

T

tileman2

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne & Wear

Hi Colin

Im on the 5 day course w/c 5th feb Whilst on Hols from Full time job (I must be mad)

Your right it is common sense to do this along side main job - I intend to do it for 6 to 12 months who knows maybe longer

It certainly is down to the individual - The better work you carry out will gain more work in the future thats my motto.

Hi Elliot

Pleased you doing well, I do intend to get tools off darren, I do already have a few bits and bobs (Electric wet and dry cutter Plasplugs) but will still require quite a few, like you say bank card in hand. Might as well get sorted so work can start almost immediately.

When did you do the course and was it the 5 day one.

Have you had a steady flow of work and how do you manage without a van as i dont fancy chucking all https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive//grout and dirty gear in back of car

Regards

Tileman2

M

Michael McMillan

North East tile Training Centre

Hi there, i have just recently joined the forum and made the steps to becoming a profesional tiler.

I did a few DIY tile jobs that were successful so i started looking into tile courses, i looked around a bit and called one up fairly local to me in central scotland but i kept getting lured back to the North East tile Centre website, reading the emails of guys who had been on the course etc gave me confidence so i phoned them the next day and booked myself in.

I was expecting an intense course and it didnt dissapoint, the instructor Darren certainly new his stuff and you could tell a great deal of thought had went into constructing the course in the best way for us to learn and make things stick, everything possible was explained in great detail from types of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ to underfloor heating to self leveling compounds the lot. iv never spent money more wisely.

I attented the natural stone course aswell and found it as important as the 4 day ceramic course, im armed with essential facts and information that i can now show off with.

Where am i now? after the course i got 2 jobs from word of mouth within a fortnight which i did at weekends while i remained at my old job and got everything in place, tools van etc, im now advertising and been quoting alot even though its a fairly quiet time of year, im starting a bathroom tomorrow and quoting a healthclub tomorrow aswell for some regrouting. By the spring i hope to be established and a fine reputation accuired to.

In my opinion if you are looking to become a tiler i wouldnt look past Darren and his North East tile Centre, in not the first success and i certainly wont be the last.

Good luck.

S

Shotgun Mick

Re: North East tile Training Centre

Wow small world, I was just on their webpage before I found this one.

Michael, would you say the course is as good for people starting from scratch as well as people with a bit of experience?

D

DevonR

Mick,

Check out my posts around this course if you need convincing. It's a great course and value for money 2. I have 6 jobs lined up and I only finished 2 weeks ago. I got all my tools from Darren on the course while I was there as well.
Give Darren or Tracey a ring and they'll gladly talk you through tht e whole course and answer any questions you may have.

Michael, glad to hear someone else making a success of their training as well - good luck in the future.

Eric.

M

Michael McMillan

Cheers Eric:) , Yea have a look at the other posts about the course Mick, from my experience there were people on the course who had never even used a tape measure before and by the end of the course there was realy no difference in ability between experienced and non experience. And anyway i was doing tile wrong before i went on the course so really i had no experience either:) .

Go for it and good luck.

D

DevonR

Your right on that one mate.
That's the reason why i will defend what I learnt on this course as much as people may knock it. Darren used to be a teacher in the colleges for tile, he then went on to be a teaching assesor as well as his 22 years in the trade so the guy obviously has a wealth of experience and is used to training to and with BS. He has removed the non essentials and honed his course to concentrate on the pure knowledge behind the trade.
There were guys on my course who said they had tiled and when asked how they lay out a room they either said start from the middle, start from the floor, start from the bottom or top left corner etc. None of them knew. So as you say as much as they thought they were experienced, they weren't really.

F

fifetiler

North East tile Training

Well I have just returned from Darren and Traceys course in South Shields and can't say enough about the course.

ITS THE DOGS ********!!

Some of the teqniques are nothing short of genius.The instructions were so good that I think I did a feature on my wall in under 25 minutes,I would never ever have thought about attempting to do that let alone know where to start.

If you listen carefully to darren during the course ALL of the information is there.I just hope he doesn't teach too many guys from Fife as I want it all to myself (Darren if you read this I'm Joking NOT)

Im off to price a full bathroom tomorrow and start another job on Monday.I heard myself tell the customer that the job on Monday will be half a day.I can cut around a sink in a couple of minutes thanks to my new found skils whereas previously there would have been much gnashing of teeth and breaking of tiles.

I think other courses will need to go some to beat this one

Keep up the good work Darren

S

slinky

north east tile training

Just completed a course at northeast tile training,and would just like to thank darren and tracey,2 very helpfull and friendly people,the course was brilliant, very informative and to the point with every aspect of tile covered ,A must do course for beginners or even experienced tilers who want to improve their techniques,as nothing is left out..Thanx once again guys,,all the best colin p ,

J

jwr-solo

Re: North East tile Training

Hi fifetiler, have been looking at various courses and NETT is closest to me. Did you arrange your own accomodation ?, what was the total package price ? (if that's not too cheeky to ask).....Cheers

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

You will have to arrange your own accomodation there are some listing on the web site, prices arround £22 - £25 per night, all very good clean and close.
There are no set tool packages, you can buy what you like from the tool list provided, full pro package about the £400 mark

J

jwr-solo

Darren, thanks for the reply. What are the earliest course dates available just now ?

jamie

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

Booked up for a couple of months, you could give Tracey a ring at the office to see if there are any cancellations if you need to get in earlier, we are very busy

View attachment 63170

S

Shotgun Mick

I'm booked on for March and I am very much looking forward to it.

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock