Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dj_gaz

Re: North East tiling Training - Tyne & Wear

hi all, i finished the four day course last thursday ( before heading off to newcastle for a nite on the lash!!). any of the other lads who were on the same course , get in touch. by the way, Daarren & Tracey, thanks very much for everything! Garry

D

DevonR

Re: Feedback

I'm happy to kick this off.
I attended North East Tiling Training and have to say it was a ver positive experience. Darren and Tracey (who run the course) are both really nice folk who have the interest of every person on the course at heart.
You begin with business knowledge and how to advertise and find work, this is Darrens real gift as it gives you an insight into the world of business and how to get an edge and succeed in a competative environment. You can't really go wrong with his 20 years experience.
Tools and setting out theory are covered as is tiling, cutting and all the usual aspect associated with the general day to day work of a tiler. Practical experience is given and you also get to learn how to think of adding value to your service. Such as adding features or patterns, borders or finishing touches. All of this helps to boost you over someone who's in the game for the money only.
Pricing is covered, surface preperation, adhesives, grouts the list just goes on.
Darren offers support outside of the course as well via email and telephone as well so you get his advice after you've stopped paying for it too which is a big help.
I could rabbit about the course all day as I feel that strongly that Darren has given me the tools to be a successful self employed tiler and for that I will be forever greatful.
A top guy, a top gal and a top course, highly recommended.

R

ROB FERGUSON

noth east tiling training

:) hi all , been on this fantastic course which was run by darren + tracy who were first class from the minute i walked through the door , the course was just fantastic , you learn so much in four days because darren+tracy made sure everyone was relaxed + understood , if you didnt understand they were always there to help , the knowlege i learnt in four day will stick with me for a lifetime . i looked up many tiling courses before i went on this course at NORH EAST TILING TRAINING , but this one stood out way above the rest , i would recomend this course 100% to anyone who is thinking of going on a tiling course ,
a big thank you to darren + tracy for a fantastic 4 days :martini_shaken:
:) :) :) :) :) :)

W

willbones

I travelled 1200 miles to attend this course, I would have gladly driven twice as far if needed in order to attend - absolutley first class, Darren you have made me realise how important structure is when teaching - you have designed a course that is very polished. (NB NOT POLISH :) )​

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paul Sh

Re: Who is Paul sh

Sorry to disappoint but i'm definately not a spy. lol. Two weeks ago I finished a course at North East Tiling Training which i have to say was superb, unfortunately i think i missed a few things on the course as through out the four days i was loaded with cold and kept blowing my nose throughout the lessons (so Darren should know who i am now) and to be honest i dont think i paid full attention due to not feeling too well.
So, the reason i havent posted was because i have been floating around in the background trying to gather some of my lost information without having to ask, i have a feeling though you will soon know who i am via the amount of questions i'm probably going to ask, Darren will also tell you that i ask lots of them.
Anyway nice to be part of the crowd you seem a really helpful bunch, Cheers Paul:wink_smile:

S

scotty

just fnished the course with darren thought it was very good would recomend it 2 anybody wantin 2 learn was very good 2 no how 2 start up on your own he covers everything and more very nice people thanks darren and tracey

G

graham

Hi all......just finished Darrens course at NE Tiler Training (April 13) and i've got to say that Darren knows his stuff! After being asked to tile a few kitchens and and so on at work, i decided to go on the course because i wanted to know how the proffessionals went about things. This course does not dissapoint!!! I had a bit of tiling experience but i was'nt prepered for what i learnt. Its full of useful info...everything from setting up on your own, scribing tiles and setting out methods. This course is a MUST if you want to learn tiling. Darren's a great teacher.... so if your a great listener (not like me) go on the course and you will learn loads! Thanks for everything you tought me Darren!

T

Tim Orme

Re: Your Tiling Course

[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd drop a quick note about Chase Tiling. I could have posted this straight after finishing the 4 week course but i thought it would be fairer to post after my first job. I've just finished a 16 sq mtr kitchen floor, quarry tiles and lots of difficult cuts - in fact probably not the ideal job for a first one ! I was apprehensive, wasn't sure if I'd priced it right, wasn't sure if I'd taken on too much - but I needn't have worried . All the training I'd received at Chase Tiling was money really well spent. There wasn't a problem I encountered that I couldn't figure out a way round and all the hints and tips provided by Phil the course tutor came into their own. All I can say is that if you're looking for a course that is excellent value for money and run by a guy who can really do the job and not just talk a good story - look no further than Chase Tiling. Phil, if you're reading this thanks a million. The one tip I keep reminding myself of is "don't stand back and look at the job thinking how well you've done because you could be putting more tiles on !!!!

"Tea Time -Time for tea ??"

Tim

[/FONT]

T

torphins tiler

I went on the north east tiling training course a few weeks ago now and it was excellent. As i already have a trade i was a bit sceptical about learning another in just four days but the course was set out brilliantly and easy to follow. I cant believe how much I learned in that short time and wish I had done it sooner. At the moment I am working through the contacts that I already have from my painting business to get a start to the tiling side I now have. Got a few quotes to do already and have got a very possible link up with a kitchen place. My only advice to anyone would be book up as soon as possible and do the 5 day course to save having to go back.

Thanks very much to Darren, Tracy and Paul

J

jwr-solo

Just back from North East Tiling Course, Very intense and lots of info to digest but made easy by Darren, a top teacher....Tracey should get as much credit for the 'behind the scenes' work she does, hospitality second to none..I would have no problem recommending this course to anyone, money very well spent in my opinion

P

penewby

i also attended this course would agree wih everything Devon R has said, really thought i would forget half the info provided as the course was intense & fast paced but 7 weeks on and the info is still in my head as darren said it would be.

J

JC3131

I have been thinking of doing the tiling course at NE tiling training for a while now, but I have always put myself off the course, as I have never tiled before. The biggest worry I have is that after the course I won't know what to do regarding gaining experience (unless a few family members want jobs doing).

The course actually interests me as I would like to see a job done by myself from start to finish and be pleased with the end results, as well as a new career away from the boring low paid 9-5 job I'm currently in.

The training centre is only 20 mins away from where I live, and the comments that I have read on here about the training course has led me to post this message.

Any advice would be appreciated regarding the course (not that it needs talking up, as it seems to be a quality course) and what plans I should be thinking of doing after the training course has finished.

Thanks in advance

JC

C

CON5933

I have been thinking of doing the tiling course at NE tiling training for a while now, but I have always put myself off the course, as I have never tiled before. The biggest worry I have is that after the course I won't know what to do regarding gaining experience (unless a few family members want jobs doing).

The course actually interests me as I would like to see a job done by myself from start to finish and be pleased with the end results, as well as a new career away from the boring low paid 9-5 job I'm currently in.

The training centre is only 20 mins away from where I live, and the comments that I have read on here about the training course has led me to post this message.

Any advice would be appreciated regarding the course (not that it needs talking up, as it seems to be a quality course) and what plans I should be thinking of doing after the training course has finished.

Thanks in advance

JC

I think you've already decided:)
If you have a good read of this forum it will point you along a very good path with some fantastic advice on how to go about starting out.

my advice (for what it's worth) do the course, then come back on here and you'll have a fair idea of what route you want to take, anything else mate, just ask.... some very good lads & lasses on here.
good luck:)

G

graham

This course is great JC! All those same questions were running around in my head before i signed up for the course. Do you any plumbers or plasterers that could push some work your way after the course? That is where i get most of my work if im not tiling at work. People such as these are very valuable! All the best.

S

sorefoot

I cannot recommend this course from North East Tiling Training enough ,Straight to the point no bull ,Yes it is very intense , if you listen no probs taking in the info , if you don`t listen forget it ,does`nt matter how long any course is.Now I can offer my customers not only the Plumbing work I can offer the whole shooting match,I don`t have to worry about cowboy tilers dropping tiles in baths.I must also mention Tracy shes like a second Mother nothing is a problem .Thanks to them I have three tiling jobs that I confident to tackle already.

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks