Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

IvegotsTILE

Re: North East tiling Training - Tyne & Wear

I finished the NETT course last night and had a fantastic time(Although quite exhausting!)
I decided on a change of career into tiling and did extensive research into what course to take,I was intending on doing a 4 week course somewhere as I could afford it and had finished my last job so had no commitments.During my research I kept hearing great things about NETT but I was very sceptical of what you can learn in 4 days.
In the end I decided that so many people can't be wrong and if they were I'd only shelled out £400 instead of a grand and a half which you would pay for a 4 week course.
The course was fantastic teaching you all the aspects of tiling and giving you the opportunity to tile your own bathroom bay,Darren teaches you to work at speed and teaches you all the different techiques that you need,I'd never picked up a tile in my life but I finished my bay very quickly to a good standard,ability and speed will obviously come with practise.
You also learn invaluable advice on ways to market yourself and to find work,without these it doesn't matter how good you are at tiling,if you can't find the work you won't earn any money.
This course also gives you the chance to get a reconised qualification instead of a useless certificate that no-one cares about.
I find it better to go on a course like this where your given the knowledge,you put it into practise then you move on and learn something else straight after.The money you save on a 4 week course will pay for all your tools and give you enough left to tile your whole home so you can work in an actual house instead of a training enviroment.
If anyone wants some impartial advice about the course feel free to pm me.

I would just like to say a big thank you to Darren,Paul and Tracey, they all look after you and make sure you have a great time.:wink_smile:

S

Scottish Mark

Good to hear you enjoyed the course,what is the qualification or certificate you gain and did you do the natural stone course as i am going on the course in may

S

shandyBarr

North East Tile Training

Hi,
completed the 4 day course and the natural stone course earlier this month and had to register my agreement about the high standard of the material taught.
I came on the course having completed over 10 tiling jobs and already had a fair idea of what being a tiler involved but the techniques that darren taught me totally revised my way of working. a big thank you to Darren, Tracey, Paul and Margaret for covering the whole spectrum of being a self employed tiler from the business advice that tells you how to get the most cash out of tiling to brilliant techniques of installation that would have taken years to figure out in the field for myself.
The 20 years experience that Darren brings to the classroom really shows. top notch course that i would reccomend to novices or semi pro tilers or even some of the existing so called professionals that have been at it for years - by the way if the cowboy that did my mums old bathroom reads this, your a disgrace mate, go work in an office or something

G

graham

HI Varley.... Where in Durham are you from? Your on my patch! lol

C

Customizer

Just finished the 4 day course at "North East Tiling Training", The course is superb, easy to follow, very friendly with lots of fantastic tips to make tiling so easy!!!!....Well done to Darren, Tracey and Paul for a cracking course!!!!!!!:) :) :)

J

Jumpa58

Hi All
I completedl the course last week...hopefully, some of you are reading this, thinking of attending a tiling course course.I was in your position about 2 months ago and after reading the posts on this forum I bit the bullet and enrolled on NE Tiling.
Am i glad i researched the different training companies on the web...mentioning no names some of the lads did not cover on their course what Darren covered on the first afternoon.
The course is very fast paced with a great deal of info to take in, however I cannot speak highly enough of Darren, Paul and Tracey. Nothing was to much trouble and I have gone from a keen DIYer to a competent tiler who will not be afraid to take on a paid job... I had the fortune of staying with a friend whilst on the course who lived in a very expensive house I even had the confidence to tell him what a rubbish job the so called tiler did in his luxury bathroom pointing out to him the mistakes in setting out etc.... slither cuts everywhere
I am now looking forward very much to the natural stone course
So if you are thinking of going on a course give Tracey or Darren a call they are very friendly and everything will be explained to you..even helping you find digs etc.. you will not be dissapointed :)

F

FAX TILER

Hi i went on the NE Tiling Course the week B4 Easter.I can strongly recommend it.Darren is so enthusiastic from start 2 finish.Inever thought id learn so much.Also his lovely wife Tracy{makes a great brew}.They make you feel really welcome. Theres a tiling course right on my doorstep.But decided 2 go to the NE .Thanks Darren from the Halifax lads.

M

mjacko68

north east tile training

hi i just thought i would come on here to let you know how good the training is that you recieve off darren and his team at north east tile training i attended the weekend course and was surprised how much i learnt off darren his teaching seems to be effortless.

you learn everything you need to know about tiling and a whole lot more including how to set up on your own to how to find work and when darren tells you there is a lot to take in he means it anyway i think it is well worth every penny and i will be booking to do the natural stone course that darren also runs

so many thanks again to darren and his team keep up the good work and i will hopefully see you soon

C

christo

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

I finished the course last week,The course gives you so much info,I tiled my own bathroom a few years ago and darren really opened my eyes,ripping the tiles off now! ,like to say a big thankyou to Darren and of course tracy and see you both in june:)

M

micky s

Can't add much to this this thread that hasn't already been said about NETT. It is hard work and I for one am glad I spread it over two weekends as a lot to take in ! Darren however is a brilliant instructor and you will finish the course full of confidence. I completed the course with a great bunch of lads who have stayed in touch. Darren also has a great sense of humour and the course flows really well with afew laughs along the way. Tracey excels at the customer service side of the centre.
To put it simply if you are thinking about doing a tiling course this is the one to do.

A

andy howell

feed back for tiling course

the north east tiling course was excellent with plenty of information and has gave me much more confidence to go out and do the job

B

brian c

Re: feed back for tiling course

welcome Andy,glad to hear you enjoyed Darrens course.Did Paul give you some good pointers aswell?

B

belfast colin

hi every1 i was on the north east tiling training course in may with my son it was brill and darren and tracey make you feel very welcome.The course is very intense but very much worth it by the end and you won't learn half as much elsewhere.In less than 2 weeks i've got my tools,business cards(which i will be sending Darren 2 give them the once over)a trade account with the largest tiling company in ireland,4 clients and the chance of a contract 4 all council houses in n.ireland not bad 4 a 4 day course is it.It just goes to show the work Darren puts into this course it's fantastic if it can work 4 me it will work 4 any1.Many thanks Darren and Tracy i wish u all the best 4 the future. belfast colin

S

Scottish Mark

Hi just finished 5 day course on friday 25th may just want to say a big thanks to darren,tracey,paul and not forgeting margaret for all their knowledge help and hospitality, the course was very intense but to the point i have learned so much in so little time thanks to well structured course i have left the course with a great deal of confidence and knowledge for which i will always be greatful thanks again to darren and tracey for their patience,humour and of course the tea and biscuits:wink_smile:

G

GatesheadCol

North East Tiling Course

Hi All,

I started this course on 21st May 2007, I did the 4 day wall and 1 day Floor tiling course all at once.

All I can say is this course is the business. Darren and Tracy are fantastic and really know their stuff. I have done tiling before ( My own Bathroom and kitchen) and I wish I had done this course before I did it. I would have done it in a third of the time.

Darren is an excellent trainer, and you can tell that he has a wealth of experience and really passes this on. The structure of the course is marvelous and the hints and tips you learn will save you loads of time, the techniques he teaches you will leave you confident to do anything. The no mess silicone was remarkable. I have done siliconing before and ended up covered in the stuff.

If your thinking of doing a course "Do this one and this one only". Other people on the course in the same week had mentioned they had done other courses and still learned more on this one. Do not go anywhere else. This is the course you want. I have handed my notice in (Big Step I know) but the way I see it you either do it or you dont.

Darren if your reading this - Many thanks!! The course exceeded my expectations by a long way. I have my first job already in 2 weeks time and I look forward to many more and a fulfilling career.

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks