Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

Hi all, not a lot I can add that hasn't been said, I haven't had much chance to thank Darren and Tracey and NETT in general as I went to London more or less straight from the course. Went from london to Falmouth on a new build Pizza Express 500 + M2, fortunate to be taken on by my brothers tiling company. The knowledge picked up from the NETT course was priceless, to the point I nearly managed to blagg my Brothers business partner into thinking I'd been tiling for years ...lol, I came clean though :)
Looking forward to the next big job in a couple of weeks time, twice as big, picking up more experience and confidence each day, home for a bit with a few small jobs to do.

Soon, with the excellent start given from NETT and the experience I'm getting working, I will go on for myself full time.

Once again though, a very big THANKS, to all at NETT.

D

DHTiling

Hi all, not a lot I can add that hasn't been said, I haven't had much chance to thank Darren and Tracey and NETT in general as I went to London more or less straight from the course. Went from london to Falmouth on a new build Pizza Express 500 + M2, fortunate to be taken on by my brothers tiling company. The knowledge picked up from the NETT course was priceless, to the point I nearly managed to blagg my Brothers business partner into thinking I'd been tiling for years ...lol, I came clean though :)
Looking forward to the next big job in a couple of weeks time, twice as big, picking up more experience and confidence each day, home for a bit with a few small jobs to do.

Soon, with the excellent start given from NETT and the experience I'm getting working, I will go on for myself full time.

Once again though, a very big THANKS, to all at NETT.

well done mate and best of luck for future..

C

chadley tiling

hi have just finished 5 day coarse at northeast tiling training.I was sceptical that you could learn so much in 5 days at first but to my surprise i found the coarse very good and informative. Darren was an excellant tutor and put things across in a professional manner.i would recommend this coarse to anyone

Nick Carter

Chadley Tiling

E

Eddie

N.e.t.t

Finished my course at nett, in mid June. i had done some d.i.y tiling and one small job for a friend. after being told i did a good job, i thought maybe this could be a new carreer path for me. Nett was recomended to me by a work mate who had been on the course,and i wasn't disappointed. Fast paced and full of information. Course is presented well by Darren,lots of laughs and notes. Very friendly atmosphere. Im glad i have my notes, every time i read them i find something else i hade forgoten. A big thanks to Darren and Tracy for a very enjoyable and very fast week. I have just started my first job 11sqm kitchen. priced another kitchen on Friday. two more jobs on the horizon.
icon14.gif

F

formula one

Re: N.e.t.t

post some pics in the gallery eddie of your first job and all the best in your new carreer move :thumbs_up: :wink_smile:

O

ohnofire

Just Back from NETT. I enjoyed the course a lot suprising how much you can learn in 4 days. You will get shown everything you need to know to go out and start on your own from the practical side of tiling to the buisness side.
On the downside you don't get a lot of time to practice the techniques you are shown but then the whole point of the course is it is short and teaches you the techniques you need to know, not charge you hundreds of pounds to just to practice tiling ( you can do that at home in your own time with a cheap box of tiles). Also and this will probably be only be relevent to my 4 day course, Darren latched on to one guy on the course (a plumber) and spent a lot of the course talking to him, a lot of it one on one. I wouldn't say we were pissed off about it but it was spoken about amoungst a few of us on the course.
What I will say is Darren really knows his stuff and you can't get a much nicer person than Tracey. Would highly recomend doing the course.

P

peter binns

Iv'e just finished the four day intensive tiling course, i had done a bit of tiling before, but just in my own bathroom and for members of family.
To be honest before i got there i thought there was not a lot you could learn in four days, i was wrong, Darren, Tracey and the team are excellent, and have helped me gain the confidence to start up my own business, the skills and knowlege that darren puts across are both easy to take in, and very effective.
Keep up the good work, and i'll see you again soon, to do the natural stone course.
P Binns. :)

S

stumac

also done the course in june cant say much more than whats been said excellent course my first job £160 my second over £1000 cant say much more than that

C

Cools71

North East Tiler Training Course

“Having been a design and marketing consultant, interspersed with a successful property developer over the last 12 years I have had a lot of short course experience. Whether it be courses I have been sent on, or done by my own volition, North East Tiling Training has to be amongst the best of all the courses I have ever attended.

The structure, knowledge base, information delivery and general function of the course is superb. The delivery is excellent and the no nonsense approach sorts the men from the boys! Darren should be proud of his structure and content. You need no other information or training to tile professionally”.

F

falkirktiler

north east tiling

Hi everyone, just finished my training with North East Tiling Training in South Shields. I did the course over 2 consecutive weekends, and by the time I had finished the first weekend I couldn't wait to get back for the second one. Have to give a huge thankyou to Darren, Tracey & Paul for all the excellent instruction, the course was absolutely fantastic!! For anyone thinking about a career change into this line of work then I think you would be hard pushed to find a better route. The information is delivered well, it's easy to understand and Darren makes the learning process fun , while still managing to get his point across. The more practical aspect of the course takes you from a complete novice to a really high standard in what seems like no time at all. I still can't believe that I can cut these shapes out of tile with apparent ease after being shown how only once. So thanks again all at North East Tiling Training for your help with my life

Cheers

Z

Zooney

Attended the NETT course last week (July). Lots of students on my course - 21 I think - was a bit wary when I saw that many people and wondered whether Darren, Tracey and their small team would be able to deliver effectively. Needn't have worried. Started the week a comparative novice, had tiled my sisters bathroom (badly) a month or so before the course, but finished it feeling fully equipped to go into business in the tiling trade. Would recommend the course unreservedly.

S

steg90

Re: north east tiling

Hi all,

I just finished 4 day tiling course at NET and the 1 day natural stone tiling and must say how superb the courses are. The instruction is clear and to the point, yes, you have to listen and take notes and yes, lots is covered in the week, but this is what I wanted with having to take a week off work to do it. Darrent knows his stuff and puts it across so simply, I have to thank him for such a great course, and Tracy, thanks for your words of confidence and advice and also thanks to Paul and Colin for both their advice and help. I hadn't done any tiling before coming onto this course and yes, I wasn't great at the begining of it, but this was just a confidence thing and am now putting tiles up with ease. I have just got my first trade account ( 50% off ) and doing a job next weekend. I've got the confidence to go out and market myself and this is because of Darren showing us how to do this and putting it across so well. All I can say is, if you are thinking of doing a tiling course that offers a lot more than just putting tiles up on the wall, you need to go and do this course and if you want to advance, do the natural stone too - a must!! Many thanks to all at NET and a big hello to all who attended the course on the week from 29th July, all a great set of lads!
Steve

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks