Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Last edited:
C

charlie1

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne and Wear

Any new tilers debaiting which tile course to go on, i would def recomend NETT. There is no doubt Tracey is the real boss but Darren has loads of vital tile experience, he could probably teach a monkey how to tile, HE REALLY COULD YOU KNOW.

N

necro777

Hi
Just been on the course last week including the natural stone course.
One of the best courses I have been on every thing you need to know & nothing you don't.
Darren & Tracy are both fantastic down to earth people. The only thing I could say against the course is not enough toilet breaks for the amount of tea Tracy makes :).

Stayed @ the Kingsmere guest house & that was great as well cheers Russ.

PS. Don't go for a kebab

Thanks Darren keep up the good work

B

Brindle

Hi all,

Just completed a four dayer over two weekends and very pleased with what I have come away with.
As many posts have said, Darren, Tracey and Co very down to earth people.
I know this knowledge will prove invaluable as I start out my own business, and put me a few steps ahead of the game. Especially the first 2 days.

Darren - I might yet be the one person who will cause you to regret your aftercare offer!!?
Thanks Darren, Tracey and Colin.

Thanks Craig and Gordon too for allowing me to pick your brains :)

It would be good to keep in touch with the lads from each course, see how people are getting on etc?

Gareth (Wales)

F

Falcone

Just back from the course... literally... half an hour ago!! lol...

Done the 5 dayer. What can I say? Fantastic springs to mind!! :wink_smile:

Course is layed out superbly, Darren teaches is it in a way thats easy to take in and absorb.

I now have the knowledge and skills required to go out and do a job in someones home. I have plenty handouts to look through if I get stuck, plus I can e-mail Darren directly if needs be so...happy days!! :)

If your thinking about doing any other course your off yir heed...!!

Thanks to Darren, Tracey, Colin and the team for making the course so enjoyable.

P.S. The Sea Crest B&B is superb too, full english was better than ma mums lol...!! :wink_smile:

G

garhum

Ive just attended the course 4 days ago, Ive done a few tile jobs in the past but nothing could prepare me for the knowlegde and experience Darren showed us in the course I only did the 4 day course due to time shortage but I will be going back to do the natural stone course after attending the course ive managed to get 3 jobs and get a huge discount from topps tiles all after 4 days from leaving the course, so I would like to say a sincere thank you to both Darren and Tracey for getting me through the course (see you for the stone very soon)

J

Johnftd

Just finished 5 day course at North East tile Training last week and have to agree with everyone it was brilliant, full of great tips on tile as well as running your on business. It is full of information from start to finish, the way Darren delivers the info across is excellent, and Tracey makes a great coffee, so thanks to Darren and Tracey for a very enjoyable time.

C

charlie1

nett

i trained at NETT. Absolutly brilliant course, Darren obviously in his day was a top tiler. Very knowlagable not only in all aspects of tile, but insight in to all other issues such as marketing, sales and how to deal with the public.

If anyone on this forum, especially from scotland thinking of doing a course, NETT, NETT, NETT.

I know there is one in Grangemouth but have heard some negative reports.

D

Dicko1973

Finished my course at NETT yesterday 16.11.07. Cannot speak highly enough of the course or Darren and Tracey. Although I have to blame Tracey for swelling my bladder to twice it's natural size with the tea.

The knowledge Darren gives to you in five days is unbelievable and everything is explained so people with no previous tile experience can easily take it in. You will come away with the confidence to sell, price and do the job without a problem because the knowledge is second to none.

Everything you could possibly Imagine is covered. You will find it hard to come across a problem out there and if by chance you do Darren gives you the means to contact him personally to resolve it.

All I can say if any one is thinking of going on a course in the future it has got to be NETT. Although I've never been on another course this one would set the benchmark extremely high. You will not go wrong with this course.

Thanks to Darren And Tracey.

Richard

J

Jimmy Boy

Completed the NETT course last week starting 19th Nov. Hell of a lot info information and work covered in 4 days but the way it's presented by Darren makes it easy to absorb and remember. Marking out a whole project is so simple when explained by Darren. And if you need to recap on anything, you have handouts of each days subjects that compile into a reference of all that was covered.
In my opinion forget 4 week courses. Get along to NETT for 4 days, have a project to work on for practice when you finish the 4 days and you'll be confident to take on anything.
My intention was to learn to tile correctly to carry out work on my own home .. bathroom, two on suit shower rooms, downstairs toilet and my old mums kitchen floor. I took a few pictures (below) of the bay I worked on at NETT.
When I got home from the course less than 24hrs later i'd showed the pics on my phone to some pals .... i've already got 3 tile jobs lined up and i've not even finished emptying my bladder from all of Tracey's cups of tea, that are excellent.
2059832569_fb035011f2_m.jpg
2060613556_600dc68c16_m.jpg

D

daryn

Completed the course

Recently completed this course,Darren really explains things well ,very professional ,the business side iI thought was brill I got lots of inspiration.This is the first time I have been in a class room for 24 years but I settled in straight away ,we all had a good laugh and Tracey made us feel right at home supplying the tea and coffee.A canny lass we all thought.Anyway if you are looking for a good all round course this is the place to go to ,if you are nervous like I was about being back in a class room then dont worry ,you will soon feel at home.Things sometimes went over my head but the next day it all came very clear with no pressure,you can feel free to ask, there is no rush Darren will stay there until you all get it.

A

alexsmith

hi

hi all just thought i would let u know that this course is second to none darren and trace and the rest of the team are so friendly and willing to help you with anything they can the course is very full on and a lot to take in but u will leave on the forth day all the better for it and ready to take on the tile world i would highly recermend the 5th day sorry about the spelling

W

Webbersafc

Awsome!!
If you want be get involved in this trade then this is the course you need to take!!!!!!! When you arrive you think how the hell will be able to do all this. but as the course progresses everything falls into place, its astonishing. I'd never touched a tile before going on this course, but now i feel that i could do a good job in any tile situation. I'm going to take the jump into self employment in the new year, and its all thanks to Darren and all his great staff for giving me the confidence and the knowledge to make it happen. Thanks Guys i loved every minuet of it!!

A

alansp

just finished the course weekend gone there would recommend this course to anyone who was interested meets all your needs and gives you a lot of confidence, darren and tracey are great you can have a laugh aswell especially at some of darrens stories learning off someone with 22 years experience says it all ...........if your intersted in doing this course dont think about it just do it!!!

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock