Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Last edited:
R

rgn45

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne and Wear

hi all. Completed the NETT courses including the natural stone one day end of nov, early dec last year. What an excellent course. Only one of two women on the course but everyone was great. Best course i have been on - and have been on a fair few, having been in the army and then retrained as a nurse. Now for another change in career :lol:. Am now in the process of setting up tile business, have been in contact with business link who got in contact with the wellend enterprise agency and have now completed several courses in setting up business. Due to go on another two courses next month. Not done much else until now has have been snowed under with agency nursing work since january. Off sick at the moment so trying to get the tile business essentials up and running. Looks like my next tile job is going to be 3 natural stone floors..... cant wait!!
Thats enough from me for now. Would recommend the NETT courses to anyone. Darren and Tracey are excellent and instill confidence into you from the start. Great course!

Lorna

A

andy-h

jusy done the NETT course.

just got home from NETT did'nt realise it's just not tile you learn but the business side of it as well.its suprising ow much you can learn in just 4 days darren is so switched on,i can't compare against any other tile course as NETT is the only 1 i've been on,so if your thinking about just tile part time or going down the self employed route this is the course for everyone but be prepered to listen as theirs plenty to take in, so thanks to darren tracey + staff its been an enjoyable week & would recomend to anyone thinking about taking up tile.

A

andy-h

completed NETT course.

just got home from NETT did'nt realise it's just not tile you learn but the business side of it as well.its suprising ow much you can learn in just 4 days darren is so switched on,i can't compare against any other tile course as NETT is the only 1 i've been on,so if your thinking about just tile part time or going down the self employed route this is the course for everyone but be prepered to listen as theirs plenty to take in, so thanks to darren tracey + staff its been an enjoyable week & would recomend to anyone thinking about taking up tile.:hurray: :hurray:

T

tileform

NETT

Just completed the NETT 4 day course - i'm in on the natural stone next week

Very informative, Darren gives you all the information you need to go ahead and be confident in what you are doing. Great techniques - some of the things he shows you, you stand and shake your head because they now seem so simple!

Anyone thinking of tile, whether for a new career or just for themselves, get yourself on this course and you really wont regret it

Great stuff Darren and thanks again :hurray:

Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tile

Just came bk off the nett course and wota course it was.coverd everything there is to know and a bit more.very fast paced head was spinning everynite just so much info given to you, you really gotta listen hard. great methods for everything.
A must course for anyone looking to go places in tile. a big thank you to darren tracey and the guys:hurray::thumbsup:

D

DEN

Just finished the 4 day tile course at NETT.I heard so many good things about this course and it certainly did not dissapoint.
The course is proffesionally structured by Darren and Tracy,and covers everything about business side of things,tools for the job,adhesives to use,where to get the work and maximise your earning potential.Darren uses a wide variety of methods for the tile which are so amazingly clever, but really simple. There a lots of issues to deal with but Darren is straight to the point,there is a lot to take in so you must listen very carefully,that is the key.
Colin and Paul are really helpful too,so anything you are not sure of,they are only too willing to help.The course is very fast paced but with 20+years experience behind him,Darren certainly knows his stuff and all this knowledge is passed on to you.I would highly recommend this course to anyone if you want to become a proffesional tiler,this is the place to go!Thanks to Tracy for selling the course to me and debs with her help too.

CHEERS

DEN

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DEN

Finished course at NETT

Just finished the 4 daY course at NETT, a really busy schedule and lots to take in,it is the only course i have been on,and it was more than i expected it to be,the amount of knowledge that Darren has is phenomenal and is passed on to you.
I think i will probably get a bit of practice in first,before starting up,just to get my speed up a bit,so i will be unleashing myself on friends and family,and see where i go from there..

All the best
DEN:thumbsup:

D

dirtyepic

To whoever may be tempted to take part in this course. DO IT!!!

I am a complete novice, or should I say was!!! I completed the four day tile course (I was one of two girls taking part in that group) and I am returning this week to do the Natural Stone course.

Darren is an amazing teacher! He makes it all interesting and not too technical. Well if I can manage ..... ha ha ha!

I originally completed the course as it would be cheaper for me to train to do the job myself than to appoint a tiler to do my new bathroom and kitchen. Now I want to change career.

I loved it.

Darren teaches the whole lot perfectly. Tracey is excellent support!!! Paul, what a guy!!! We couldn't have managed without you!

So now I am saving up for my tools (lots of stuff being sold on ebay at the moment!) , attending the natural stone course this week and have an appointment with a business adviser at the beginning of April.

So wish me luck!!! Thanks to everyone at North East tile Training I am hoping to start a complete new career and hopefully the satisfaction of delivering a great job and enjoying my new life!!!

dirtyepic
aka TS

ps if Dionne is reading this. Don't forget your safety boots!!! See you on Sat!!!

F

Fran

Just come back from doing a 4 day tile and a one day natural stone course at North East tile in South Shields. Course content was spot on i really learned a lot not only about tile but about how to go about setting up a business. As a X member of HM Forces i used the course as part of my Resettlement package and it is most definitley value for money :thumbsup:

J

jocky102

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne & Wear

For instance day one of actual tile I went home covered in cement, from my top to my jeans. Day two of tile and I went home with only a couple of finger marks worth of cement on me

lol im new to the forum so i apologise about the late comment to your essay... i have deleted the all but the most important bit, let me tell you, i have been tile for a LONG time and i know i should clean the tiles as i go along and have a bucket of water and sponge next to me BUT i never do it, everytime i say *next time i will do it cuz it saves time* SO i leave my house with my clean work trousers at around 7am, by 9am im in **** state, my fingers wipe the excess that comes out the side of the tiles and then my finger and trousers meet, and that happens all day long lol

A

Andre

Just recently done the tile course with Darren and co. I would recommend this course to anyone - it was fantastic! :grin: Darren, Tracey and all the gang were a real pleasure to work with.
I completed the 4 day Professional tile Course, 1 day Natural Stone and the extra 3 day Advanced tile Course all of which were really rewarding and simple when you know how. :smartass: At first it was a bit of an information overload but once I got the hang of it and had a passion for it, it became so interesting that I took all of it in. I feel very confident in tile now :grin: .
I am really glad I went back for the 2nd week to do the Advanced course as it taught me so much more plus gave me a chance to put what I'd learned the previous week into practice.

Darren also gave us loads of business advice and tips which will really help me as I am starting up my own tile business.

Well worth the money! :thumbsup:

G

giubs

Great course . Darren really knows his stuff.
all you need to know to become a tilles . the course was really packed with usefull info and tecniques.
would deffenatly reccomend it .
Chris

T

theperfecttile

Great course, just finished 4- day , will return for natural stone course undoubtly, Darren is a no messing around guy he tells it straight and thats what you need! I went from never laying a single tile in my life to doing a Complete ( well almost ) bathroom, with window, border, and wall feature within 4 days, and it looked the dogs dangly bits! I left with the confidence to a job for SOMEONE ELSE which is a milestone from doing your own house!
Oh yea, Porsches are still hairdressers with no friends cars! :joker:

M

MrSpoon

Got back from the 4 day course last night and im absoloutly shattered! the long drive back to derby didnt help tho!
The knowledge i gained was absoloutly phenominal! the course is extremely well structured and ive come away with the knowledge and confidence to go out there and start off my new career, knowing ill be providing a quality service.

Ive a couple of bathrooms to do for friends and all being well ill have my marketing and sales planned out and ready to go in the very near future

Thanks again to Darren & Tracey and their team.
And good luck to everyone who attended the course and those wanting to go on it.

J

JAMES MCK

Hi there, Just been on a course with North East tile this week. I have never laid a tile in my life. I am already a plasterer and kept getting asked to do tile so I decided to go on a course. Spoke to a lady called Tracey. She was very nice and very pleasant. I paid my money and thought no more about it until I went on the course.

I started Monday morning, met Darren and Tracey. Darren spoke in the classroom directly to us. Within 10 minutes I was totally convinced there is nothing that this man and his team do not know about tile and more importantly the ability of running a business. I got much more than I ever expected from the course. I expected to go and slap some tiles on the wall. How wrong I was! By the afternoon session I was cutting shapes out of tiles. I just could not believe it.

I was filled with so much confidence regarding my own abilities. I went home at night and just could not believe how much I had learned about tiles and looking forward to my next session. I have came away after 1 week and have no hesitation in laying any tiles. I can only suggest to anyone thinking of doing a tile course to have a look at this one. When Darren talks it is an absolute pleasure to listen to. Thanks very much Darren, Tracey and your team. Jock

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock