Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles cutting into original floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I would like to put tiles cutting into the original floorboards where the the 2 different flooring meets. I’ve generally seen it with engineered or hardwood flooring but not old floorboards.
Is there a way to avoid cracking tiles?
Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

B8153EA9-A4AC-41A5-97EF-F0A34CFB76A2.jpeg
Something like this?
However these are wood effect porcelain tiles.
If you get the wood correctly fixed then put a flexible joint to where they meet it should be fine.
Good luck and enjoy.

Reaction score
Thank you.
Yes, I’ve seen many examples but none on actual floorboards so I thought I’d check.
So if understand correctly as long as there’s flexibility on what they’re going on so they can move with the rest of the boards it should work.
Cheers

Reply to Tiles cutting into original floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are tiling our kitchen with limestone tiles - we have already done it in the hallway and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen