Discuss Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

It really does depend on the bit you’re using.

Personally it doesn’t bother me as all of my pipe work is covered my shrouds

C5CF7C21-1EA6-4CAF-8405-CD7BBDF062DD.jpeg

W

Waluigi

I think some of the people on here who need to get things perfect use the electroplated bits I think. They give a flawless finish, however often require water.

I think the diamonds are just finer. Not sure on the terminology. They drill better, that’s all I know :flushed:

W

Waluigi

Get yourself a variable speed grinder, so you can use it for polishing tile edges/mitres etc as well.
I got a Bosch variable speed from @Pro Tiler Tools and its paid for itself with the time i have saved.

Yes definitely, the variable speed grinder is essential in a tilers tool kit. I have a flex which seems to do the job.

D

Dumbo

Are you sure that's a tile? Looks like you drilled into some blokes really white head and can now see his brain.

I wonder what became of that Richard Hazell now he's in prison?
he used to be into tile drills..
No he getting drilled .

Reaction score
Variable speed for differing types of materials.

some will over heat the bit at higher speeds, similar to when you polish out stone, you cant use the same speed for all polishing.

Having said that we find the Rubi gres dry bits pretty flexible on most materials.

benefits of angle grinder over drill is control, two hands are better than one.

Reply to Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay