Search the forum,

Discuss Thin Large format porcelain in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and cement screed (SR1). The tiles have a fibreglass backing. The screed is fully dry and has wet ufh.

Would you recommend a crack isolation membrane e.g., Ditra or similar, or lay the tiles directly onto the screed?

Proposing to back butter the tiles with 4mm notched trowel and apply adhesive to the screed with a 12mm U comb. Any comments? Thanks.

Reaction score
Would always recommend that any underfloor heating is tested and commissioned prior to tile installation, prime as required, Decoupling matting with S2 adhesive or recommended similar for best results.
Would use 3mm trowel to backbutter and 6mm on floor with slim tech tiles of 5.5mm thickness.

Reaction score
Would always recommend that any underfloor heating is tested and commissioned prior to tile installation, prime as required, Decoupling matting with S2 adhesive or recommended similar for best results.
Would use 3mm trowel to backbutter and 6mm on floor with slim tech tiles of 5.5mm thickness.
Thanks for the advice. So I guess I'm looking at around 13.5mm in total height with tile, adhesive and Ditra?

Reply to Thin Large format porcelain in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen