Discuss Thin Large format porcelain in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and cement screed (SR1). The tiles have a fibreglass backing. The screed is fully dry and has wet ufh.

Would you recommend a crack isolation membrane e.g., Ditra or similar, or lay the tiles directly onto the screed?

Proposing to back butter the tiles with 4mm notched trowel and apply adhesive to the screed with a 12mm U comb. Any comments? Thanks.

Reaction score
Would always recommend that any underfloor heating is tested and commissioned prior to tile installation, prime as required, Decoupling matting with S2 adhesive or recommended similar for best results.
Would use 3mm trowel to backbutter and 6mm on floor with slim tech tiles of 5.5mm thickness.

Reaction score
Would always recommend that any underfloor heating is tested and commissioned prior to tile installation, prime as required, Decoupling matting with S2 adhesive or recommended similar for best results.
Would use 3mm trowel to backbutter and 6mm on floor with slim tech tiles of 5.5mm thickness.
Thanks for the advice. So I guess I'm looking at around 13.5mm in total height with tile, adhesive and Ditra?

Reply to Thin Large format porcelain in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks