Discuss S2 Adhesive for 1200x600 porc tiles on backer board on timber walls in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Vitali

-
Reaction score
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer boards ( 2 walls timber, 2 walls bricks ).
Initially I bought mapei standard C2TE (after watching video recommendations and due to little experience I assumed it will be easier to manage with standard adhesive). Later I grabbed Dunlop Flexible standard C2TE for the floor.
Now I started to dig deeper and realized that for large format tiles on walls it is recommended to have S1 or even S2 deformity tolerance and should have added polymers . Out of 2 that I have got the Dunlop seems better as it is flexible (not S1 but surely some polymers are there if it's flexible) and both have T which is stands for non slip feature.
Then I tried to buy Mapei super flexible C2TE S1 on Amazon but the seller seems pulling back, I think he put wrong price by mistake and now just wasting time.

Now I have to choose again, I am thinking to go with S2 , the only sensibly price options I can see is Ultra TileFix proflex S2 (C2F S2).
There is no "E" and "T" though. How important is to have this T, even mapei website in recommendations for large tile only has one with T and out of listed three, all S2 though.
So my question is from your experience how important those E (extended time) and T (low slippage) and is difference between S1 and S2 crucial on large tiles over backerbords on timber walls in wet rooms and what would be your best adhesive choice for the job?

Vitali

-
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Palace Super-flex S2 tile adhesive? On paper it ticks all the boxes for me C2FTE S2 and moderately priced. Can't find any reviews on it, one tiler in this forum asked to avoid this brand due to bad experience long time ago

Reaction score
S2 doesn’t add bond strength it just means it has more deformability..
Which is pretty much daft because tiles don’t bend..

You’re absolutely fine using an S1 Adhesive

This whole S1 and S2 thing is utter nonsense and it all comes down to the substrate you’re going onto.. an S1 is perfectly fine..

BAL is my go to adhesive due to the technology and support offered (and experience using it) but like I said, use any S1 and you’re good

Don’t forget to back butter the tiles and use the correct size notched trowel

Reply to S2 Adhesive for 1200x600 porc tiles on backer board on timber walls in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks