Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scott

Took my dad for his biopsy results today, its lung cancer with a secondary in his lymph gland on his neck. Treatable with chemo and got to go back on Monday to see what the course of treatment will be.

The tumour in his chest has encompassed the pulmonay vein so hard that the blood is being forced into his capillaries on his chest making them stand out and go black. The lack of blood flow means he can hardly breathe. He has lost 2 stone in the last 2 months and looks a wizened old man far older than his years. Its a sight that is shocking to see what was once a large and powerful bloke reduced to a weak little man.

It scares me now that i smoked for 18 years and the damage may already be done. I would hate to make my kids go through what my dad is about to put me through

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

scott
i am so sorry to hear this news! one day at a time and keep the faith mate.
call me anytime if you need a chat mate
ed

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the news scottley. I sooo need to give up.

S

Scott

Thanks Ed, all is cool though nothing I havent had to deal with before, only this time its easier as the my sister was unexpected :)

Reaction score
Well done you guys that are giving up, it's not easy for the first part, but the best thing that you'll do for yourself for very a long time. Hat's off to you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A

Aston

dont tell me mikethetile has fell off the wagon? and he was doing so well too.
oh well, tomorrows another day, start again :thumbsup:
never give up lads!! sorry, that should be , do give up lads !!!

M

mikethetile

Im going to put this to bed now and want to hear no more about it

Scottley thought he saw me smoking outside my house before xmas, this isnt possible as I havent had a cigarette since 7th nov 2010

instead of speaking to me about this matter scott saw fit to bring the matter on here and stir things up

I feel that scott is going through a very difficult and emotional time right now and deserves all our support and sympathy for that reason and that reason alone I want no argument with him and ask that this matter is dropped right now

D

diamondtiling

Sorry to hear about the news scottley. I sooo need to give up.

Just do it Dan, throw them away right now mate. One hour or one minute at a time you will get through it and you will feel bloody marvellous. You know you want to stop so do it, your battle will not be with the cigs, it will be with your sub-conscience telling you to have one so just dont listen to it.
You know I'm right.

:thumbsup:

S

Scott

Im not rising to any of this, i didnt bring anything on here i asked a question is all. I KNOW what i saw and so do you mike. Thats the end of it as far as im concerned!

As for the rest i didnt post for sympathy thats not my style i posted to give those that smoke an insight into what it does to those around them.

Reaction score
I'v been struggling a bit lately, but still on the wagon. Dan you know you want to give up, and i'm sure you will, just keep trying. The guy at my stop smoking clinic was telling me the more times a person try's to give up, the more chance there is of him giving up, and you do have all us lot to support you. This is about the 1000 th time i'v done it, and wont call myself a non smoker, until next xmas at least.

I

Ian

Has anyone who is quitting/has quit got any hint or tips to share. I've found that I'm drinking about 10 cups of tea every day! It gives me something to do to replace the smoking, works though.

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks