Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Need a new mixer in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Afternoon ladies and gents,

After having a mate mix for me this weekend, yet again I can hear my mixer is about give up on life.

What are people's opinion on the best long lasting mixer, and bear in mind I do use labourers to mix for me quite alot and haven't managed to find one yet that understands that trying to do super dry mixes with it on high speed, then add more water burns the mixer out lol

W

White Room

Eibenstock from refina, you pay a bit more but I had a 110v must be coming up 20 years old now...2 switches changed but used for plaster as doesn't have slow start.

O

One Day

I have an Eibenstock. I can't imagine anything better.
I've had Rubis / Aldi / Lidl etc etc but the Eibenstock is built to last.
It also mixed concrete (I know, it's abuse but it coped!)

Reaction score
I bought a cheap mixer from Homebase about 12 years or so back. I was subbing at the time and had left the yard without the mixer so popped into Homebase and spent possibly the best ÂŁ30 I've ever spent. Still going strong.

O

One Day

The problem with buying cheap tools is they used to be well made. I had a very early Rubi mixer - lasted me 5 yrs. Next one I bought expecting the same quality and it was utter pants.
Bought an Aldi mixer too about 5 yrs ago - brilliant - lasted a couple of years.
Bought another and it broke on the 1st day.

If you can risk it and have time to muck around returning and exchanging or shopping for replacements - then more power to you!

I'd rather buy once and know it's not going to let me down.

OP
Ttt1601

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The problem with buying cheap tools is they used to be well made. I had a very early Rubi mixer - lasted me 5 yrs. Next one I bought expecting the same quality and it was utter pants.
Bought an Aldi mixer too about 5 yrs ago - brilliant - lasted a couple of years.
Bought another and it broke on the 1st day.

If you can risk it and have time to muck around returning and exchanging or shopping for replacements - then more power to you!

I'd rather buy once and know it's not going to let me down.

I completely agree impish it's the problem I've had with last couple of mixers, been caught with them breaking on weekends, only option, cheap screwfix crap, that coupled with labourers abusing them doesn't lead to a long life span. But I think the overwhelming recommendation has to be an eibenstock, since I have time to order one. Cheers people

O

One Day

Bear in mind that refina sell eibenstock mixers badged up for refina. I bought mine from an independent tool merchant as a plain eibenstock for quite a bit less than a refina model.

OP
Ttt1601

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bear in mind that refina sell eibenstock mixers badged up for refina. I bought mine from an independent tool merchant as a plain eibenstock for quite a bit less than a refina model.

OK cheers mate will have good shop round before ordering

Kyle Knowles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a collomix Xo4 with a basket type mixing head different to one in the picture Screenshot_2016-10-13-20-06-49.png

Reply to Need a new mixer in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock