Discuss The all singing all dancing do it all uncoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Just enquired about this. Not on BALs website yet and their own tech department doesn't have any literature they can forward on. Will try the rep. Was only officially launched yesterday.

Ok so you save on adhesive for the easy system, but with the word BAL in front of it, thats all the saving gone right off the bat! Although I can see it would have its uses.

D

Dumbo

There's to be a change to bs5385 to stipulate the difference between uncoupling and anti fracture. They are going to say that uncoupling means it must be unbonded.
Personally I see it as an assault on ditras dominance.
I'm yet to be convinced of anything outperforming ditra...
If there is enough movement ditra will second anyway .
So my joke earlier was very close to the bone .

D

Dumbo

Oh so you can't use any other flexi adhesive on it then? Cuz it won't work or no guarantee....which never hold water anyway!!
I was giving one of their reps a hard time and I put the question to him when he was banging on about guarantee and their adhesive . I said " so are you telling me it's going to fail if I use somebody else's adhesive " he said no . What it comes down to regarding guarantee's is their mat will be guaranteed , the adhesive you use will be guaranteed , it's just if its the same company they have to pay if they stand by their guarantee . If it's two different companies they will blame one another as to whose product has failed , before they decide its easier to say neither of their products are at fault and it is an instalation fault due to the tiler .

Reply to The all singing all dancing do it all uncoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I tried to avoid asking this question as I'm sure you're all sick of seeing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB