Discuss The all singing all dancing do it all uncoupling membrane in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spare Tool

Tile fix direct sell it but none in stock atm, its not silly money either.. Quite tempted to give it a go actually, I'll have to see if the customer wants to 'risk' it :D

F

Flintstone

I've never used it or seen it, but I think if you follow there instructions regarding the flatness of the floor and use there adhesive I can't see it being a problem. Get a rep out if your not sure

S

Spare Tool

I've never used it or seen it, but I think if you follow there instructions regarding the flatness of the floor and use there adhesive I can't see it being a problem. Get a rep out if your not sure
Oh so you can't use any other flexi adhesive on it then? Cuz it won't work or no guarantee....which never hold water anyway!!

D

Dumbo

Is it a risk though, thats what I'd like to know...
If your floor is flat enough probably not . My local John Lewis just has tiles dry laid they aren't going anywhere as the floor is flat . But what I would find a pain is the mat lifting if you needed to lift a tile to reset it .

D

Dumbo

Oh so you can't use any other flexi adhesive on it then? Cuz it won't work or no guarantee....which never hold water anyway!!
I was giving one of their reps a hard time and I put the question to him when he was banging on about guarantee and their adhesive . I said " so are you telling me it's going to fail if I use somebody else's adhesive " he said no . What it comes down to regarding guarantee's is their mat will be guaranteed , the adhesive you use will be guaranteed , it's just if its the same company they have to pay if they stand by their guarantee . If it's two different companies they will blame one another as to whose product has failed , before they decide its easier to say neither of their products are at fault and it is an instalation fault due to the tiler .

F

Flintstone

BAL adhesive isn't any different to any other S1, so it's just if you want the 25 year gaurantee or not. Personally I wouldn't be concerbed if I was to use it, but, I've no intention of using it.

Reply to The all singing all dancing do it all uncoupling membrane in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks