Search the forum,

Discuss setting out brick bond bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dgatile

Hi All, new to this site, need help setting out a brickbond bathroom walls. (Did a 4 week tiling course 12 months ago) most of my work has kitchen wall and floors. I have only done a couple of bathrooms none in brick bond. would u start of the bath or put a batten 1 tile up from floor and then see what cut u have at the bath, window. etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave Carr

I would make a datum line at the same height around the room, then with my gauge lat see what cuts are where. Full tiles at the bath would look far better than a row of cuts.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. A 4 weeker should have showed your the ropes really. But yes as Dave Carr says, you need a datum line around the room and then use that to test full tile at the bath and see what cuts it allows elsewhere (floor, ceiling, window, door etc) and adjust accordingly. Obviously your widths are half the size of the tile on your Gauge Staff / Guage Rod - as you'll have a grout line every half tile too.

D

dgatile

Thanks for that. see u at the tile and stone show
----
did 4 week course with pts in warrington

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to setting out brick bond bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen