Discuss Sealing Absolute Black Granite Floor Tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

blackgranite

Hi,

I have recently bought some absolute black granite floor tiles for my kitchen and need some advice with regards to whether or not i need to seal them. I have spoken to a number of people who think i need to seal them but then ive heard from roughly the same number of people that i dont need to! If i do need to seal them then any advice on procedure and which sealant would be much appreciated.

Thanks

C

charlie1

Hi there!

Absolute black granite? are they the ones with the gold specs through them?

C

charlie1

Yes, I would recommend sealing all granite, as for what product, i use HG stone Impregnator!

D

DHTiling

Some granite is pre-sealed.. Absolute granite is pure black and no speckle.. now Star galaxy has gold fleck in it.. and most is pre-sealed..

Do a water test.. if it instantly beads up on the surface then it might be sealed but factory polishing will leave a high surface tension and cause them to bead as well.. but leave the water beads there and then half hour later wipe away and see if the tile is darker.. if not, then they are pre-sealed..

Reply to Sealing Absolute Black Granite Floor Tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have some lovely Mexican terracotta tiles (glazed on one side only) which are meant...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought a house dated around the 1920/30s and found black and white tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay