Search the forum,

Discuss Schluter adhesive "thinset" in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've read about it on the JohnBridge.com forum. That process of waiting then mixing again is quite common over there apparently. But I think there's one now where you don't need to do it if I read their thread right. I'll try find it when I'm back in work.

L

LM

I've read about it on the JohnBridge.com forum. That process of waiting then mixing again is quite common over there apparently. But I think there's one now where you don't need to do it if I read their thread right. I'll try find it when I'm back in work.
Are you talking about 'slaking' Dan?

O

Old Mod

When you mix a product with water after the initial mix you let it stand or 'slake'
Reason for this is so that the adhesive/grout can fully take on the liquid.
Once stood, then you can remix and add extra liquid if necessary.
By now the mixture has absorbed the liquid completely leaving you with a consistency that will remain until the product begins to 'cure'
Yes it happens immediately, but there is that delay before it actually takes hold.
Well that's how I understand it anyway.

I

Italy

When you mix a product with water after the initial mix you let it stand or 'slake'
Reason for this is so that the adhesive/grout can fully take on the liquid.
Once stood, then you can remix and add extra liquid if necessary. (afther the remix????)
By now the mixture has absorbed the liquid completely leaving you with a consistency that will remain until the product begins to 'cure'
Yes it happens immediately, but there is that delay before it actually takes hold.
Well that's how I understand it anyway.

O

Old Mod

Google marc says: add liquid after remix
Google not listen! :)

Mescolare l'adesivo con il liquido. Attendere 3 - 5 minuti. Riagganciare l'adesivo, aggiungere il liquido se necessario. Non aggiungere nuovamente il liquido.

mix the adhesive with liquid. wait 3--5 minutes. re-mix adhesive, add liquid if required. do not add liquid again.

Reply to Schluter adhesive "thinset" in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen