Search the forum,

Discuss quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

plasteringtiler

Hi guys,
Just need you to clarify something. I need to quote for a 3sqmtr floor in quarry tiles on a cement base in a porch. Customer hasn't decided on which make of tile yet but has looked at the Toppstiles selection which i assume is Ruabon (have looked on the Ruabon website and they've obviously been tested using Ardex). As this will be my first "real" flooring job i am obviously nervous and excited and most importantly want to do it right! So my question is, i am thinking of using Bal single part flexi or Bal rapid set flexi adhesive (depending on the external temperature ie it was 28 degrees yesterday so in those conditions would use single part flexi) using a 20mm half moon trowel with 5mm grout lines, primed with Bal Admix AD1 and grouted with Bal wide joint grout. Am i on the right lines or am i barking mad? thanks in advance :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I don't think he is grumps...:)....

You need to use a primer for the floor not a polymer additive for BAL adhesives....

BAL apd or sbr will suffice if using BAL adhesive......maybe use a flexible grout as well if the porch is subjected to high temperatures from sunlight etc...

G

grumpygrouter

Hopefully he will come back online and confirm he meant APD. Can't see any reason he would think an admix is a primer though, but you are right, you never know.

P

plasteringtiler

Well spotted, yep meant APD, already have the stuff, don't know where i got AP1 from? typed the next one down from the Bal website i guess in my haste, at least i got the word primed right, i knew what i meant :lol: Cheers guys :thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

No worries. My fault for not spotting it in the first place. I saw the word primer and just read the next bit as APD automatically.

Reply to quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hello! We have quarry tiles which we used iron wax satin on. I did one coat. We then had some...
Replies
Views
Hi All! Total DIY’er here- we’re in a project house which has drained us, and one of the final...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen