Discuss Poor job by tiler, anything I can do to fix? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
These are kitkats on a mesh backing.

Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this.

Are you meant to put one tile to the wall leaving a gap and then you overlap the next tile on the other wall?

Anything I can do to fix it or at least make it less annoying to look at?

Attachments

• Tile 1.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • Tuke 2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Tile 3.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Thank you! That's a good suggestion, I think I'll have to do something to just conceal it.

Do you think it's worth the time / effort to actually fix it though. Or perhaps it's not possible because of the waterproofing or maybe I'd need to rip out the entire wall or something.

It looks bad. You can use some PVC corners it will cover the entire area. It comes in all sizes. Apply a professional bead of silicone on both sides, it will look decent. Good luck!
21WZWlRY6HL._AC_.jpg

Reaction score
do you have before/after pictures?
Yep, I managed to find one when he finished the waterproofing.

The other photo is just after the grout went on.

Not the best resolution images, unfortunately

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-07 at 4.45.57 PM (1).jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 31
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-07 at 4.45.57 PM.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 31

Reply to Poor job by tiler, anything I can do to fix? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks