Discuss Payment refusal for wall tiling in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi. I've done 3 days working for someone tiling 2 walls. The state of the wall is not flat and I've had to tile over existing tiles. This was at the customers suggestion. After 3 days of removing the top set of tiles and replacing new ones, the customer has said she is not happy with the finish. Never was anything mentioned during any of those 3 days until I asked for some money. The job is not completely finished as there was always going to be cosmetic stuff to go back to on another day. She knew this. She is now talking about court to settle this, but will not even discuss this with me and has got somebody else to look to requote on the job. She has not paid me any money at all. Where do I stand with this? Anyone any ideas?

T

Tom the Tiler

This screams 2 things to me,.... firstly your the expert not the customer, if you didn't the surface was right for ting onto you should have advised her on it and told her it needed rectifying 1st, secondly it may just be a case of her trying to get out of payi g before Christmas (people do it more around this time of year,.... do you have any photos of the work, prep, and pre-tiled areas?

Reply to Payment refusal for wall tiling in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks