Discuss ***NEW HARDIEBACKER VIDEOS ON TILERS FORUM*** in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
We now have several videos demonstrating installation, cutting techniques and tips which I am in the process of uploading on this forum.

Both our 6mm and 12mm boards are very strong and durable. Sometimes we hear they are difficult to cut. This is normally due to using a utility knife. As the board is 90% Portland cement and sand you will always struggle!

The videos demonstrate using our score and snap knife. This way all cuts can be done inside the bathroom or kitchen. I demonstrate half board cuts, small strips, even corner notches.

If there is anything further you wish me to show you please feel free to ask. Of course a power tool will be the quickest way for any awkward cuts. We just recommend you use any power tool outside, down wind wearing an FFP2 mask as you would cutting anything. Hopefully these videos will help if you did have any questions.

Two are up already on the PIC & VIDS section. I welcome any feedback!

Cheers folks!

Reaction score
The board can be cut almost in any shape as long as you do a couple of things. First, the more scores, the deeper the groove the better. Second, protect the cut line with say a level like shown as you slowly try to weaken the cut further. Like the small strip video, just move it around.

If you had a really awkward cut then a grinder would be quicker. But one thing to remember is the HardieBacker doesn't have to look pretty. It will never be seen, only the tiles on top!

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Rochdale

6mm is fine for thefloor but & having had to tank the 12mm I’m not sure I’d use it again in a shower. Leaning towards either regular PB & membrane or liquid tanking or Jackoboards

Reply to ***NEW HARDIEBACKER VIDEOS ON TILERS FORUM*** in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks