Search the forum,

Discuss ***NEW HARDIEBACKER VIDEOS ON TILERS FORUM*** in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
20mm xps min for 600 centres. Last jacko job I did, studs were 450mm. Used 12mm boards so did as recommended and added studs at 300mm. Time consuming and added timber cost but solid. Would go for this over 12mm hardie anyday.

T

Tile_novice

I used 12mm on 2 floors recently, the first because it was very rough and I needed the extra height, I had a couple boards left so used them today on a small bathroom floor. There’s not one thing nice about them, except there strong as.
Did you use them directly on a screed floor or wooden base?

T

Tile_novice

Do you need to raise the height of the floor?
I do yes, but the floor I had are large 9 x 2 old joists, 50mm insulation between the joists, UFH pipe, then 50mm screed. Ideally would like a strong surface above the screed so it will be hard wearing in the future/

Reply to ***NEW HARDIEBACKER VIDEOS ON TILERS FORUM*** in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen