Search the forum,

Discuss Is Ditra an overkill on concrete with ceramic tiles? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Ok so its back to the drawing board. I've just spoken to the architect and apparently it is a floating floor. He said the joists are 200mm apart. What are my options?
Is there much movement in it?
Consensous is not to touch them but I have tiled to floaters as they have been quite rigid without problem.

A

AndY mac

Hi Dave. Check for deflection if really bad walk away there are some horrors of floaters up here. If you must do it the way I did one a while back was 10 mm marmox glued and screwed heated then screeded then ditra tiled with a decent 2 part. I was back at this property to do there bathrooms and all was good but it's a gamble. I only did it after stressing if ther was a failure I would not be held responsible. The garuntee only lasted till I walked down there path and into the van.

S

Stef

I

m

I'm confused now. Architect definitely said the joists were 200mm apart. Is a suspended floor the same as floating floor? This pricing malarky is harder than I expected haha.
I looked again & noticed that you said the joists were 200mm apart, strange make up even if it's a suspended floor, normally 400mm apart even if they are trying to strengthen the floor knowing its to get tiled.

Reply to Is Ditra an overkill on concrete with ceramic tiles? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen