Currently reading:
Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You?

Discuss Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah they did.

I'm still toying with quite a bit on the forum before it gets replicated for the bigger forums. Which will be happening soon and is overdue really.

Not sure I like those google threads. They're still testing it themselves and it isn't available to everybody (or wasn't when I initially set it up).

O

Old Mod

You mean u run bigger forums?
surprised-004.gif

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This is my baby. tilersforums.com I've always been admin on and ran it with the team we've mostly had for years here. As you know. Some took some time out, which is fine. :)

But it was one of my first forums and it will be one of my last. I care for this place a lot.

Whereas the sparks care for the sparky one, and the plumbers care for the plumbers one, and so on. Like reallly care. Take it as personal when somebody says a bad word about them. That sort of thing.

O

Old Mod

This is my baby. tilersforums.com I've always been admin on and ran it with the team we've mostly had for years here. As you know. Some took some time out, which is fine. :)

But it was one of my first forums and it will be one of my last. I care for this place a lot.

Whereas the sparks care for the sparky one, and the plumbers care for the plumbers one, and so on. Like reallly care. Take it as personal when somebody says a bad word about them. That sort of thing.

...and so u should!:)
Well u certainly have a knack for livening the place up, that's for sure!
It does the place good!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I don't think there's many people that can say they do it for an actual living. And if you do, you've got to be able to actually run a place and give the members what they need, moreso than what they ask for. Which doesn't always go down well but in the long run it's what the forum needs as a whole.

I got a bit lax the last couple of years. And it cost the forum a fair bit. People taking the pee left right and centre.

But I'm back now. :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah I've been through them and it just says get notified, others it does say by email as well.
Also is there a way we can mark threads so we can go back to them.
Like flagging an email?
Hahaha u nearly got a kiss on the bottom of this, my wife just txt me and I thought I was replying! Hahaha :p
Click "watch thread" and you'll get notified when it gets replied to. That's the best I can do lol

O

Old Mod

Click "watch thread" and you'll get notified when it gets replied to. That's the best I can do lol

:) yeah already do that! :D
It's more about opening a thread and not realising how involved it is and don't want to read it on the hop but go back when I can actually read it properly.
It's k I'll just have to improve my memory and remember about it, cos I always forget. Haha
No problem.

Reply to Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement