Search the forum,

Discuss How do I Transfer a vertical setting out line ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Do a centre line on the floor between each wall, from door way to shower tray then square off that to each apposing wall

Last edited by a moderator:
G

graham31

Is anyone else confused?The longer this goes on the harder it's getting to follow

mmmm :mad2:

A

AllurePTS

Well it's certainly doing my nut in !!! Lol ....understand this PLEASE guys ...this room used to be an old coal shed that's now been incorporated into the house to be used as a cloakroom toilet ...there is absolutely NOTHING that's square, straight or level ....but the room is so tiny, there's not a lot you can do about that, you just have to work with what's there ......NOW - my original question was quite simple really !!! ........how can I transfer a vertical line (precisely) by ANY easy method to an opposing wall, when nothing else is square to help me ??? .....you're gonna make me do it aren't you ??? .....I'm gonna have to go and ask a joiner ! :mad2:

D

Daz

What a bizzare thread.

Centre both side walls and use the centres to provide a datum. Take full tiles back towards steps and forwards to doors?? It's gonna look even!!

A

AllurePTS

Hooray ......I think I have finally sussed this out !!!!!!! ...... but I'm gonna double check it tomorrow and make sure it works before I open my big gob ! lol

A

AllurePTS

What a bizzare thread.

Centre both side walls and use the centres to provide a datum. Take full tiles back towards steps and forwards to doors?? It's gonna look even!!

Eh ??? ...yes the walls will look even but what's in between them won't !!! .....the toilet frame and it's box in is off square too, but that's the bit I CAN correct (to a small extent) to make it look right !!! ....the VERTICAL line on the opposing walls MUST oppose each other accurately, so that I can line between them ......then I can square out the whole back wall to get that part looking right !!!! ....If I just centred out each wall, then the tiles on the toilet "shelfs" would be wedge shaped !!! ...how's that gonna look when you're standing having a pee in this loo !!

And NO, it's not a wind up ! lol ....although, I thought that too when I was doing it ! ha ha ......it's not a problem I've ever come across before and I guess it's just one of those wierd ones that doesn't work out if we simply just do things the way we normally do them !

Like I say, I think I've actually sussed it now ....I just want to check my theory before I open my gob ! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How do I Transfer a vertical setting out line ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen