Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wetroom tray setting out in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
A
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Great work Al, i would have never guessed this was DIY in a million years :thumbsup: You have done yourself proud.

Just the walls to go now :D

Aye, in all honesty, this was just a little too much to take on at my level. Lots of time and patience and few errors along the way (plenty spare tiles). I should have heeded earlier advice.

walls will be doddle compared to that bloody tray!!
[automerge]1576183326[/automerge]
And one more thing Tony, those diamond pads are bloody brilliant for cleaning up exposed cuts. Blinder of a tip 👍

OP
A
Reaction score
Getting there 😅

I have the walls set out pretty bang on, checked and double checked, but never considered the shower controls.

took about 4 attempts. The third attempt was perfect and set aside in a safe place to fix, but stood on it ! Attempt 4 below🤬.

cheap Homebase tiles. Lots of broken corners, bowed tiles, defects in the edges of the glaze, but bought plenty enough still.
FA90EDD9-C3D2-4996-90A0-A3966AD494FD.jpeg
FDC9F33E-0F94-4189-B688-D915146A1D4B.jpeg

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words :)

Said it before and i'll say it again. without the advice and fountain of knowledge within tilers forums i would either have gone for a more standard setup, or made a complete bodge of whatever route i took. From preparing the floor, strengthening it, using board and how to prep/tackle each aspect of this project has been advised or read throughout these forums. i really have all you guys to thank for it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Here is some before’s. Previous tray dropped due to a weak truss and badly repaired old stair well. We’ve been In the house 8 years, and I knew it wasn’t great, but didn’t expect the rot I encountered. Much strengthening and repairing of the floor that started back in March last year.
92A5EC61-ECB4-4D00-B721-D55F52C37A61.jpeg

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words :)

Said it before and i'll say it again. without the advice and fountain of knowledge within tilers forums i would either have gone for a more standard setup, or made a complete bodge of whatever route i took. From preparing the floor, strengthening it, using board and how to prep/tackle each aspect of this project has been advised or read throughout these forums. i really have all you guys to thank for it.

It's great to have someone stick around and show us the finished job and also having taken the advise on board. Makes it more worth while to us also :D

Reply to Wetroom tray setting out in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock