Discuss Wetroom tray setting out in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello people. Been up to the eyes with life, but finally managed to progress my (now 6m long!) wetroom project.

All tanked ready to go, but wondering which way you pro’s would set out this tray. 315 square tiles, and with one sitting dead centre on the tray, hard against the front edge of the tray works out great for the full room, but will leave a 50mm slither outside the tray, then onto full tiles.

Moving 50mm over also works for setting out, but will leave the tiles off centre to the drain.

Might be any easy answer, just seems there will be a thin border of tile around the tray, and Exra grout lines to get the tiles symmetrical with the drain.

I could also be overthinking this. A common theme with me :/
342EC64D-9219-45F5-938B-D0CD47C81BAC.jpeg

Reaction score
This works also, but with it being a patterned tile, and a tiled cover, I would have a grout line through the cover too. Do you think that would look better? It a reversible cover, but not so keen on a plain stainless cover.
[automerge]1568748618[/automerge]
Sorry Tony, I’ve completely misinterpreted you reply. I’ll go check it out!!!

Reaction score
Like this. I did try it before, but thought it would look messy. Are there option to keep the tile complete, and start the envelope on the next tile?

Tile 315mm, 3mm spacer, 600mm drain
55EBF504-2353-44C6-B54F-CC1AC9C11F8C.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Are you installing a glass screen?

Reaction score
Yes I am, just back from the edge of the tray, tray is 1500, but I was only doing a 500mm screen to save the towel rail and bog getting wet. Can’t install a deeper screen, since there’s an Eve on the opposite wall.

Reaction score
Please check the tiles to ensure that there is no significant variation in size from tile to tile before you start. Please also check that the glaze is good and reaches each of the edges.

Are you sure that they are 315mm? They are supposed to be 331mm I think . . .

Reaction score
Please check the tiles to ensure that there is no significant variation in size from tile to tile before you start. Please also check that the glaze is good and reaches each of the edges.

Are you sure that they are 315mm? They are supposed to be 331mm I think . . .

Will do. I take there are known quality issues with these tiles 😬? That pretty much sums up my year! Yes, these are 330 or thereabouts, my error.

Reaction score
Ummmm - how do I put this . . . Yes!

Search BCT on here and see for yourself. They went out of business earlier in the year. When did you buy the tiles? Make sure that you have plenty before you start. Lots of tile retailers bought their clearance stock - at very low prices. But there is obviously no new stock in distribution

Reaction score
Fml! I’ve had two packs open and nothing has sprung out, but I’ll be looking a bit further tonight before I start. All the same batch though, and if I remember correctly I bought area+11% and a spare pack (1m2) for good measure.(9m2 overall)

We searched for weeks before settling on these. If they are crap they ain’t getting laid, I’ve put too much into the subfloor, heating, prep for these to risk a bad job. Cost would be a pain, but not half as bad as deciding on new tiles with she who must be obeyed!

Reply to Wetroom tray setting out in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks