Search the forum,

Discuss HELP! Cant remove white marks on black porcelain floor tiles from premixed adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

S.L.

Hi Guys,

They are matt finish black porcelain floor tiles, and i dropped a fair amount of premixed addy on them when doing the customers walls. I stupidly let it dry on there. After i scraped off the chunks im left with them white stain marks on the tile. ive tried mineral turpentie, nano scrub, and aquamix sealer and coating remove and still cant get out the white residue as the tiles are slighlty textured.

I dont want to have to rip up these tiles and relay at my own cost it:yikes: Help!

J

jay

Re: HELP! Cant remove white marks on black porcelain floor tiles from premixed adhesi

think you may have a problem does the porc require sealing

S

S.L.

Re: HELP! Cant remove white marks on black porcelain floor tiles from premixed adhesi

i called the tile shop and they said no it doesnt require sealing.

that was one of my thoughts that the colour in the addy had absorbed into the tile, but when i tried the sealing and coating remover, i noticed it also removed permanent maker marks that i had made for cuts around door stops. so if they were porous i would assume that the permanent maker wouldnt have lifted out?

C

Colour Republic

What adhesive is it? did you use it on the floor tiles?

E

enduro

You need Aqua Mix Phosphoric acid. www.tradetiler.co.uk sells it.

Aqua Mix Phosphoric Acid Substitute is a premixed acidic treatment designed to remove grout haze, mineral deposits, rust stains, mortar smears, and efflorescence. Effective for the removal of most hard water stains, lime deposits, and soap scum. Also removes cement grout and mortar residue from tile, concrete, and masonry. Etches concrete. No VOCs, No phosphates.

Aqua Mix No VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) formulas help provide better indoor and outdoor air quality compared to similar traditional products.

Uses:
Acid resistant natural stone (such as granite and slate), ceramic, porcelain, quarry, saltillo, terra cotta, and other acid resistant tile and stone.

S

S.L.

i used ardex d2 adhesive and i used mapei adeflex r on floor. ok ive seen the phosporic acid by aquamix. will it be as effective on acyrlic addy as it is on cement based?

E

enduro

Yes it should work fine...what i would do is apply sealer & coating remover, leave this to dwell for at least 30mins then clean this off and then apply phosphoric as per instructions..if the stain remains you could use a poultice solution...i make my own with fullers earth and laquer thinners. I think you can get ready made poultice ready mixed in small tubs from LTP...Tilegiant stocks them. You have to be patient and give them plenty of time to work. Good luck.
thumb_p_fullers_earth.jpg

LTP Fullers Earth

Description: LTP Fullers Earth is an ultra-absorbent stain remover for all greasy stains (oil, grease, make-up, sebum etc.). For use on fabrics, leather, porous floors, stone, terracotta and wood. For stubborn stains on flooring combine with LTP Spot Stain Remover.

Tips: Pick this product if you have spot stains from hot oil and other absorbed domestic spillages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to HELP! Cant remove white marks on black porcelain floor tiles from premixed adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen