• Thread starter flynny
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 4K
Search the forum,

Discuss Gyvlon nightmare in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

flynny

We all have occasions like that mate, whether it be to a greater or lesser degree.
Don't beat yourself up too much, just got to deal with it now.
Well if guys on here can help, they will.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers pal not sure to tell the customer or take a chance on them staying down

O

Old Mod

Cheers pal not sure to tell the customer or take a chance on them staying down
Well I suppose a lot may do on your relationship with your client, and only you can make that call.
Of course you could be worrying them unnecessarily. Has the heating actually been commissioned?
Thinking back, did there seem to be a lot of surface laitence?
I appreciate you didn't notice it at the time, but in hindsight, do you?
Personally I have no idea if there any legal obligations to inform them, maybe someone else does?

F

flynny

Well I suppose a lot may do on your relationship with your client, and only you can make that call.
Of course you could be worrying them unnecessarily. Has the heating actually been commissioned?
Thinking back, did there seem to be a lot of surface laitence?
I appreciate you didn't notice it at the time, but in hindsight, do you?
Personally I have no idea if there any legal obligations to inform them, maybe someone else does?
We've been down this road many times and Alan (ajax) opinion all screeds should be sanded.
So hands up...who Sands a sand and cement screed?.
nope just give it brush

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im not aware of any legal cases where the tiler has been sued for not identifying the screed nor any where the screeder has failed to leave data etc.

in this instance if the floor was dry and anhydrite adhesive was used there is a good chance t will stay stuck. no guarantees though im afraid.

as for legal responsiblity on the screeder in europe its the other way round the tiler takes responsibility for the screed being right, the screeder takes it for the prep and insulation and so on through the contract chain. that siad there are probably as many failures if not more in europe than over here. that is testament at least to the work we have done in getting the correct info out there. and really it doesnt take a lot of finding.

V

Versatile

I've just had this on a job where builder said it doesn't need sanding
My house has been done and I never sanded it
So I asked him if it fails will you stump up the dough to replace
Typically non committal
I sanded and gypsum based adhesive

S

Spud

Im not aware of any legal cases where the tiler has been sued for not identifying the screed nor any where the screeder has failed to leave data etc.

in this instance if the floor was dry and anhydrite adhesive was used there is a good chance t will stay stuck. no guarantees though im afraid.

as for legal responsiblity on the screeder in europe its the other way round the tiler takes responsibility for the screed being right, the screeder takes it for the prep and insulation and so on through the contract chain. that siad there are probably as many failures if not more in europe than over here. that is testament at least to the work we have done in getting the correct info out there. and really it doesnt take a lot of finding.
Not when I worked in Europe Alan , the screed companies always sanded their work it was recognised that this was their responsibility and if the tilers did it it was counter charged against the screed company

Reply to Gyvlon nightmare in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen