Search the forum,

Discuss Groundwork company refusing to guarantee work - is this right? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Anything under 2cm is not suitable for sand set application. They very well could be for outdoor installation but did you specify with the distributor that you were planing on dry setting. Guaranteed they are to be adhered to concrete if under 2cm thick. That being said the installer should have let you know this prior to installation and furthermore refused to do the job as instructed.
Hi setinstone. Thanks for your reply. I didn’t give any instruction on how to lay them. I wouldn’t even begin to. I’d (possibly wrongly) assumed that as he is the “expert” he’d lay them as should be done. He hasn’t even raised with me about different laying methods so I’m not sure he’s even aware. Sadly, I think the problem here stems from him having messed up and not wanting to take responsibility. I just wish we’d discovered this forum before we contracted him so we could have got a professional in.

Reply to Groundwork company refusing to guarantee work - is this right? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen