Search the forum,

Discuss Green moisture board, what adhesive ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alderslade

Just got a job to do a small new shower room that has new green moisture board for the walls. Any advice or tips on what adhesive i should use, The joints between the boards have plasters tape over them..

D

DHTiling

When you say green moisture board , i presume you mean moisture resistant plasterboard.....if so with that format of tile use a single part flexible cement adhesive and flexible grout........prime with APD or similar.......

D

dock

Hi Alderslade

As its a shower you could offer the client Mapegum WPS to tank the boards first - use Mapeband over board joints and at internal vertical corners/junction of wall and floor. They need to know that tiles alone will not provide a water tight finish (BS 5385 - BS for wall and floor tiling). Decision is then with the customer to justify extra cost of tanking system.

Fix in Mapei Keraflex Maxi........................not Keraflex

Grout with Mapei Ultracolor Plus 26 colours so the customer must be able to find something they like!!!! Mapesil AC Silicone for internal vertical corners etc colours to match the grout + clear...27 colours!!!!

hope it goes well whatever you use

dock

Reply to Green moisture board, what adhesive ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen