• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)
The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Floor tiles lifted on calcium based self level floor in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
835 6
I agree with @Localtiler . I read years ago 80% of all new floors in France were lafarge gyvlon
probably a bit optimistic. Probably closer to 50%. Around 25% of new floors in the UK are anhydrite. that number is increasing year on year. 5 years ago we reckoned it was about 15% and 10 years ago only about 5%. long may the growth continue. It pays my bills...

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
12,707 36
probably a bit optimistic. Probably closer to 50%. Around 25% of new floors in the UK are anhydrite. that number is increasing year on year. 5 years ago we reckoned it was about 15% and 10 years ago only about 5%. long may the growth continue. It pays my bills...
Alan what’s your opinion on cemfloor screeds? Again a new one to me but I tiled on one recently and it was a joy.
Cemfloor Liquid Screed Northern Ireland - perfect for underfloor heating - CES Quarry Products Belfast, Saintfield, Moneyreagh - https://www.cesquarryproducts.com/cesliquidfloorscreed.php

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
835 6
There are a few cement based liquid screeds in the market at present. They are my competitors and whilst they have found a place in the market there are some pretty bold and dishonest claims made about them unfortunately. I suspect the would be unable to back up many of the claims they make. I have heard varying tales just as I have with anhydrite but when all is said and done I would not make a claim that could not be supported...

antonio

TF
Esteemed
Piastrellista Italiano
Arms
Reactions
22,973 60
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler

Localtiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
9,307 88 1
I think I made a thread about cemfloor last year Lee and there claims about you can tile if after a week and no need to send it, load of nonsense. The one I tiled didn't crack and it was perfectly flat.

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
12,707 36
I think I made a thread about cemfloor last year Lee and there claims about you can tile if after a week and no need to send it, load of nonsense. The one I tiled didn't crack and it was perfectly flat.
I read the claims of tiling after 4/5 days but the rep for this supplier said 25 days. I left this one for 5 weeks, sanded it and gave it 3 coats of primer, It was up there with one of the flattest floors I’ve ever tiled.

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
12,707 36
Have you got a link to that thread Andy?

Reactions
I've come across cemfloor screed on quite a few projects in the last year and I haven't had any issues yet when tiling onto it. Has anyone here heard any horror stories??
I've phoned them a couple of times asking to explain the drying times and they said because its cement based it doesn't need to be dried out fully before tiles are installed since moisture will not effect its strength. The most important factors are that most of the shrinkage has occurred and if there UFH that it has been commissioned.
I phoned BAL and asked them and they confirmed this; they also said that their Green Screed adhesive can be used to tile onto cemfloor after 7-days if there is no UFH in the screed.

Localtiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
9,307 88 1
There aren't many liquid screeds these days without underfloor heating.

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,486 57 1
I've come across cemfloor screed on quite a few projects in the last year and I haven't had any issues yet when tiling onto it. Has anyone here heard any horror stories??
I've phoned them a couple of times asking to explain the drying times and they said because its cement based it doesn't need to be dried out fully before tiles are installed since moisture will not effect its strength. The most important factors are that most of the shrinkage has occurred and if there UFH that it has been commissioned.
I phoned BAL and asked them and they confirmed this; they also said that their Green Screed adhesive can be used to tile onto cemfloor after 7-days if there is no UFH in the screed.
Did they not give you an rh figure.

R

ray the tiler

having used bals flex bone i do believe this product is the future for any floors layed with anhydrite or cement its a no brainer for me these days no more sanding no more worries about how wet the screed is just roll it out and tile

Reply to Floor tiles lifted on calcium based self level floor in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.