Search the forum,

Discuss Finally lost my cool ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I stay on my own for that reason Neale although it is'nt any family involved, if I have a bad day then I suffer the loss.
It might sound selfish but I only have me to concider rather than having someone relying on me.

G

Gazzer

Thanks guys, I dont feel any better about though, i do admit while I was working without him this morning I was happy as a pig in smelly stuff...theres a lot of guilt in my head now though.
I guess its just the start of a new chapter.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this but to be honest I'd have expected it. There will always be a faster, cleaner, more conscious worker. It only works when they are actually labourers because you brush off their **** with them being labourers and put it down to practise and give them guidance etc etc to try and make them better.

When it's your brother who should know a lot better - you're just at a lost cause there's nothing he'll learn from you if he hasn't already in 12 months.

If you're after an easy way out perhaps give him the smallest contract, you keep the rest, and tell him if you get good feedback you'll pass him another WHEN YOU CAN (don't promise anything or give names or dates etc - he wont get good feedback I wouldn't have thought).

I respect you for trying to help. But you can't help them all mate.

You're prolonging the inevitable if you keep working as you are as you will pop again when it bottles up again.

G

Gazzer

Nah its all over now and started to get nasty. I think he has had words with the guy we were subbing too this afternoon and a House I was down to tile has now "been put off" I smell a rat but hey ho!.
I am still trying to find out if he has told that contractor that our wages for the house are to be 50/50 as well. This isnt the case as I had completed more m2 and even helped him grout his work.
He arrived on site this morning and all I had to do was finish some bits and pieces. the site agent wanted me to continue in this other house but my brother said the materials werent on site....adhesive etc.
There were floors to do in the house where we were working but my brother had the adhesive and he said it was for him and he would do the floors.
Had a childish txt on the way home because I mentioned to another tiler on site why i was leaving site...he in turn went to my brother and what I actually said was slightly twisted and now its come over different.....I haven't bothered to reply . Then now I see a comment on Facebook he has made.......seems its bothering him more than me.

D

DHTiling

well at least your feelings are out.. probs not the way you would have liked but done now...move on i say...

A

Aston

sometimes its better to end on a sour note, it makes cutting your losses that much easier. i am having a similar problem with my brother.
the way i feel at the moment, i couldnt care if i ever saw him again...theres only my kids that i really wouldnt want to ever risk losing, oh and the wife seeing that shes in the room....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tut.

Cut your losses then mate and move on. Make sure you keep all contracts you can. And I take back my comment about giving him one or two. Take the bloody lot.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd also reply to the text with "Error 500: Text message not delivered at this time" - Text messages should be limited to "lol" and jokes IMO. Anything important you'd expect a call IMO.

G

Gazzer

sometimes its better to end on a sour note, it makes cutting your losses that much easier. i am having a similar problem with my brother.
the way i feel at the moment, i couldnt care if i ever saw him again...theres only my kids that i really wouldnt want to ever risk losing, oh and the wife seeing that shes in the room....

Ed mate, sometimes I think you are sitting on my shoulder as you seem to be knowing exactly how I feel. It has ended badly but now i dont feel bad or have guilt.
And yes, at this moment he can disappear off the planet.

Reply to Finally lost my cool ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen