Search the forum,

Discuss does ceramics need sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparky

someone said to me the other day that a ceramic slate effect floor tile needs sealing i am wrong in saying that it does nt because ceramice are glazed over therefore water resistant:confused:

T

trevortine

Yes you are right m8, natural slate needs sealed and i would be wary of putting ceramic on floors. If you are sure its glazed and not polished or honed then you are ok.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Sparko, how ya doin there up in Scotland, well i hope, you can tell if a tile needs sealing by putting some water on it and see if it soaks in, if it does seal it, if it doesnt, dont, simple as that,.
Hope this answers your question

S

sparky

cheers mate i am fine hope your keeping busy down there mate.:happy:
thats what i was going to try just pouring some water on and wait n see

W

wivers

few dips of water on top, look for beading and see how it slides across the tile.... thats what a great man once told me :)

S

sparky

:confused: put some drops on the day but it just seemed to sit on the tile rubbed it in and it just made the tile shine so i am thinking that it wont need sealing

Reply to does ceramics need sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen