Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Diamond hand pads or polishing discs in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
The diamond discs I have seen and look interesting aswell, read they need bedded in alot to get them to work and as it's DIY wouldn't get alot of use.
Where did you purchase them, seem some on eBay that look decent at £4.95 per disc so can select the grits you need.
Did you mean the grinding blade can cause chips?

A poor grinding blade will chip.

Being honest, I will cut a mitre in porcelain using a standard cheap Chinese blade and finish up with a Montolit STL fine blade......the only reason I think the sanding discs might be useful is if you’re inexperienced.

I have used them on the odd occasion for mitring though.

Yes, the sanding discs can be bought from the likes of eBay. So cheap that it’s worth finding out for yourself if they’re useful.

C

Concrete guy

Gee whizz those prices are excellent what is the quality like.
Bet they don't ship to norniron

We ship all over the world.

Unfortunately the factory supplying us with the dished electroplated grinding discs has fallen fowl of a Patent and we've sold out of our original stock purchase. We're trying to find the Patent owner and buy from them, but no luck so far.

We've also tried 6 further versions of this product, none of which were suitable.

So it's looking like it will be out of stock for a while until we find a suitable replacement.

OP
dg-1984

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
We ship all over the world.

Unfortunately the factory supplying us with the dished electroplated grinding discs has fallen fowl of a Patent and we've sold out of our original stock purchase. We're trying to find the Patent owner and buy from them, but no luck so far.

We've also tried 6 further versions of this product, none of which were suitable.

So it's looking like it will be out of stock for a while until we find a suitable replacement.
Is there anything else close you can recommend?

C

Concrete guy

Is there anything else close you can recommend?

At the moment no, it took us a while to find this product and we were asked by a number of people to find it.

So it was disappointing to find we couldn't buy any more as they were a good product that was well made.

W

Waluigi

What is it, a fine diamond on there?

A good price for that. I’d be interested in buying one if you get some stock. Keep in mind that the Montolit fine diamond disc is £80 a pop.

OP
dg-1984

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
I've got a full set of diamond pads. Used twice. In my experience they've no advantage over paper discs. Especially in dry use.
The stone masons have been twiddling edges far longer than us tilers have They've got the techniques and materials sorted already.
Would these be the right paper discs: HERE
Also so flapper style silicon carbide discs;
HERE

C

Concrete guy

What is it, a fine diamond on there?

A good price for that. I’d be interested in buying one if you get some stock. Keep in mind that the Montolit fine diamond disc is £80 a pop.

It's #120 grit electroplated diamond.

It was a product we sought out as a result of multiple requests from forum members.

The Montolit discs are vacuum brazed diamond and a little too coarse for controlled grinding.

OP
dg-1984

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
The ones I am finding are in packs of 25 or 50. Only looking for a couple of discs in a few grits to do a couple DIY jobs.
Anyone know where I can purchase a few discs. Or even if any of you good people have spare I could purchase some from you.

W

Waluigi

It's #120 grit electroplated diamond.

It was a product we sought out as a result of multiple requests from forum members.

The Montolit discs are vacuum brazed diamond and a little too coarse for controlled grinding.

The fine one is OK IMO, pretty smooth blade. A whole world apart from the vacuum brazed imitation Montolit I’ve seen.

Reply to Diamond hand pads or polishing discs in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock