Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond Drill QQQQs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
As per Dave, I have a range from ATS from 6mm up to 120mm probably 20 different sizes, if you look after them properly they will easily last for half a dozen bathrooms. A basic set of 6 or so sizes will cover most scenarios say, 6,7,18,25,30 and 45mm, they'll only cost a tenner or so for those few and you can add a few sizes more if you need to.

120mm @Bri Jeez how much did that set you back? I just mark my hole with an off cut of pipe and lay the grinder into it.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So on the main these will cover most situations,
16mm,20mm,25mm,32mm,38mm,45mm,55mm,65mm.
Just a quick one on grinders, is a standard stone cutter blade or one specific to tiles,?
Cheers
D

I

Ian

120mm @Bri Jeez how much did that set you back? I just mark my hole with an off cut of pipe and lay the grinder into it.
I've built it up over a couple of years, some of them don't get used that often as they were bought for specific holes (usually spot lights) and the 120mm one a customer gave to me after I'd used it to cut some fan holes in 3 of his bathrooms, bonus! I still reckon there's not much more that £150's worth, they really are great value from ATS.

O

Old Mod

So on the main these will cover most situations,
16mm,20mm,25mm,32mm,38mm,45mm,55mm,65mm.
Just a quick one on grinders, is a standard stone cutter blade or one specific to tiles,?
Cheers
D

U need material specific blades!
If u try using a stone vanity blade to try cut porcelain, not only will the blade tear the porcelain but u'll wreck your blade.
If u try using a segmented blade for cutting a coarse material like sandstone and try using that on marble let's say, well u'll be lucky if there's anything left of the piece of marble after trying to cut it.
But doesn't mean u have to spend a fortune on blades,
good old @ATSDiamondTools comes to the rescue again with very competitive blades.

J

Just Rizzle

have marquist and rubu from 6 to 20 mm
any holes bigger than 20 mm tend to use my grinder and pin and ball hammer

Reply to Diamond Drill QQQQs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen