Search the forum,

Discuss cracked tiles over interior ashphalt floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mscg

I have been called to a job - ensuite ground floor shower wet room. The existing floor tiles have developed hairline cracks. Having removed the tiles (300x300) it appears they were laid on a levelling compound which failed to bond to the ashphalt below. The ashphalt surface exposed is clean, smooth and shiny so I need to achieve a good bond. Can anyone offer advice please as to whether I should bond and would a spf be ok. Im going to lay travertine mosaic so possibly benfer? Shower area is 'wet area' so tiles will fall to drain already concreted in. Any advice gratefullly received

W

White Room

I'd be priming the ashphalt with sbr then using a spf with a decoupling membrane, just make sure the ashphalt is adhered to the base which it sits on

Reply to cracked tiles over interior ashphalt floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Our house is approx 20 years old. Over the past 2 years or so hairline cracks have formed along...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen