Search the forum,

Discuss cracked screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
A job im doing, as ufh in a screed with a slc over the top, noticed today that a crack as appeared across a corner about 50 cm in, its only a mm wide at most, but should i be thinking about using a crack bridging membraine befor tiling. Any advice is appreciated.

S

Stef

I would check to see if it's loose, if it isn't then I would tile it.
I would also take note of it incase you have any bother in future.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any pics?? That would help diagnosis and allow scientificly sound suggestions.

Reaction score
GetAttachment (2).jpg GetAttachment (1).jpg Not the best pics but the crack is just to the left of steel.

S

Stef

Oh that's a bit bigger than I thought, I read it as 50mm not 50cm.
Is it wet ufh in a self level, gypsum screed?

S

Stef

yes it is steff, it is all solid though

I'm having a bit of bother with one myself just now.
The plumbers had used egg board to clip the pipes in & the screed guys weren't happy, they had to weigh it down initially with concrete blocks as it started to float but once the screed was poured it held it down but they never took the blocks back out.
They tried to take the blocks out next day with hammers & cracked the screed, it's not too bad & is solid so I'm going to take a chance & tile it, not ideal but spoke it through with the owner/builder & he's happy to go with it.

I would let Alan deal with this one as he's the man when it comes to this type of screed.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If there is vertical movement it will need to be repaired. If there is no vertical movement then you could just use an uncoupling membrane. Wherever screeds crack I would always encourage get uncoupling anyway as you never know if the screed will crack further when it's heated.

Reply to cracked screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen