Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Susiequ

TF
Reaction score
I have a bathroom and kitchen to retile and have 2 questions -
1. I'm not retiling the kitchen floor but there is a crack which looks like floor movement - is there a product that can be used to 'mend' the crack?

2. The wall tiles - most on stud walls with small areas on solid walls - what is the best way to remove - I don't have a Fein.

Thanks

D

DHTiling

[
quote=Susiequ;193862]I have a bathroom and kitchen to retile and have 2 questions -

1. I'm not retiling the kitchen floor but there is a crack which looks like floor movement - is there a product that can be used to 'mend' the crack?

Just remove the cracked tiles and replace and find the cause of the cracks..

2. The wall tiles - most on stud walls with small areas on solid walls - what is the best way to remove - I don't have a Fein.

Just remove the tiles and plasterboard......take some anger management out on the walls, you will sharp have them removed...:smilewinkgrin:

Susiequ

TF
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I rather thought removal would be all huff and puff!!

PS floor tiles - no replacements, probably too old to find anyway. Hence the 'mend' question. :smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Maybe time for a re-tile then...:thumbsup:..

The tiles on the walls might come off easy but then again they might not....So try and see what happens and if chunks start coming out then just rip the lot down and re-new...quicker and better finish alround..

Reply to Cracked floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Our house is approx 20 years old. Over the past 2 years or so hairline cracks have formed along...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen