Discuss Contractor did not use recommended adhesive over old tiles - how big a problem? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I am part-way through having retrofit underfloor heating installed (the panel type) and in a couple of rooms it is going down over old vinyl tiles which contain asbestos (so we decided not to disturb them). We had the old tiles checked by a tiler and he said they were sound enough for the panels to be stuck to, but recommended that the UFH installer use one of 2 primers (Mapei Eco Prim Grip or Prime+Grip) and S2 adhesive.

I passed this on but went round today to find that although the correct primer was used (the Mapei) it looks like they have used 'Flexible C2 adhesive" instead of S2 adhesive.

I have no idea how big (or not) a problem this is. Do I need to kick up a fuss and ask them to rip everything up? I'm hoping that with the primer the adhesion should be strong enough that it isn't an issue. The subfloor beneath the old tiles is stable (concrete).

Reply to Contractor did not use recommended adhesive over old tiles - how big a problem? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks