Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss building a curved internal stud wall in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Update...

So ended up taking the piped undefloor heating out of the wet room altogether as it was interfering with the structural integrity of the finished floor.

Put in soldiers off the I-beams onto the slab below to limit any deflection then dwangd it to within an inch of its life!

No more 45mm square batons to house th pipes on top of joists but now 18mm plywood and 50mm Wedi wet former scribed to radius and 50mm construction insulated boards for the rest of the floor.

We will now go for an independent electric undefloor heat mat instead.

Tried to use Gyproc contour board on the outside of the curve but the radius was too tight to go round so had to get me some bendy plywood 5mm (expensive!!) and going to double that up for strength, painter assured me he can decorate this finish adequately.

Internally for the radius I went for Wedi 20mm boards that can take this radius easily too and therefore 20mm boards round the rest of the room as well

Was quite surprised at how much all this cost (I mean cheaper than I imagined) as I know what I pay for normal linear wet formers from inferior brands.

PCS had nothing in stock that I required and we're going to have to machine stuff for me and I couldn't possibly wait that long, although next day express pallet delivery cost from Wedi was certainly watery eye inducing!

P

p4ulo

Wow, that bendy ply was a gift from the gods eh? Nice.
Coming along nicely, nice work on that shower-tray board....sweet.

Reply to building a curved internal stud wall in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks