Search the forum,

Discuss building a curved internal stud wall in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Had a look on PCS and will give them a call tomo for sure a they seem to have everything I'm after in one stop.

Gerbrit will be on flat section of wall.
Thanks for the input so far guys ill be sure and take photos of progress

Reaction score
Room size will effectively be doubled

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Update...

Curved wall made from 3x2 Cls and 18mm OSB

450mm radius circle on OSB, quartered and jigsawed the depth of CLS 68mm

Doubled up on top of each other to create 4 x 700mm Arcs with 5 uprights each at 175mm centres

Nightmare with the underfloor heating all having to be pulled up and relaid and cut to new size once all my new walls are up!!

Contacted PCS who were very helpful but don't supply direct, do you know who is the best dealer to buy from for prompt delivery now I have my sizes?

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Update...

So ended up taking the piped undefloor heating out of the wet room altogether as it was interfering with the structural integrity of the finished floor.

Put in soldiers off the I-beams onto the slab below to limit any deflection then dwangd it to within an inch of its life!

No more 45mm square batons to house th pipes on top of joists but now 18mm plywood and 50mm Wedi wet former scribed to radius and 50mm construction insulated boards for the rest of the floor.

We will now go for an independent electric undefloor heat mat instead.

Tried to use Gyproc contour board on the outside of the curve but the radius was too tight to go round so had to get me some bendy plywood 5mm (expensive!!) and going to double that up for strength, painter assured me he can decorate this finish adequately.

Internally for the radius I went for Wedi 20mm boards that can take this radius easily too and therefore 20mm boards round the rest of the room as well

Was quite surprised at how much all this cost (I mean cheaper than I imagined) as I know what I pay for normal linear wet formers from inferior brands.

PCS had nothing in stock that I required and we're going to have to machine stuff for me and I couldn't possibly wait that long, although next day express pallet delivery cost from Wedi was certainly watery eye inducing!

P

p4ulo

Wow, that bendy ply was a gift from the gods eh? Nice.
Coming along nicely, nice work on that shower-tray board....sweet.

Reply to building a curved internal stud wall in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen