Search the forum,

Discuss Broken up asphalt floor to be tiled?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

waggy

Hi Guys
Ive not been on for a while! But have a problem with a job a job that I have started today. The customer took the existing tiles up of the asphalt floor, and about 1 1/2 SQ M of the asphalt has come up with the tiles. The asphalt is on top of a concrete screed which is perfectly solid and dry. I was thinking of leveling over the floor in that area to get it level. But I have been worried about the floor failing because where I do the leveling will be solid, and as you know the asphalt will be hollow which will create vibration when walked on. |Can anyone help and advise, as i was thinking of decoupling membrane or fibre reinforced leveler, to go over it all.:mad2:

Reply to Broken up asphalt floor to be tiled?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.